Wanted: HARD - long/tall Seat foam

Started by rob w, November 23, 2013, 11:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I would love to find, and buy the long/tall (for 1975, 21" long) seat foam that Al B had made some years back, and was as hard as a rock. I believe Alan thought they were defectively too hard, and they may have ended up in his dumpster, but I know some leaked out to his customers, AND that's what I'm looking for.
Thank you gentlemen for any help locating one of these.
Bob

KJDonovan

Rob,

If you strike out finding a long/tall hard foam, I have a one of those rock hard short/tall pieces of foam and probably have a base for it too.  The foam is slightly used, I put it in a seat and then removed it a couple months later, just too darn hard.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
72 Montesa Cota 123
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

rob w

Kevin, I used a short/tall seat for one race on this bike. Because of my height, I missed the extra length of the long/tall seat, especially on starts. I appreciate your offer though, thank you.

firstturn

Kevin,
  I would be interested in it.  Send me the price and shipping to

firstturn at hotmail . com  

Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

There's new long/tall seat foam on ebay. Not sure where it's coming from but may be an option.

gooddirt

Quotequote:Originally posted by crheeterman

There's new long/tall seat foam on ebay. Not sure where it's coming from but may be an option.

Yes those are stiff too, you can stand on'em with little compression of the foam.  BUT they have  formed it off the 1977 seat base and styled foam.

Mick Milakovic

Gooddirt, do you know if the 77 seat foam will fit a 75?

Mick
Mick

Mickey Sergeant

Mick. Thats the one I put on my six days last year. I like the hard foam also. Helps with the shifting because your sitting up higher and knees not bent as much. Helps with cornering also, can get over the front end easier to get front end to stick.

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

Is this the item?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penton-Long-Tall-Seat-Foam-/271479731464?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3573f508&vxp=mtr

Mick

Yeah Mick, I wrote that guy a couple weeks ago. I have not followed up on it yet, but here's our conversation. I need to get on it and either use that foam, or get even a harder one custom made. After borrowing/using a real hard one , I don't like riding it with the mooshy foams I have now.

"Dear seatfactory,

Q - Hi, I'm looking for this same seat foam for my Penton, only in a firmer / harder foam. In your manufacturing process, would you happen to of made some mistakes parts that came out much firmer than you wanted them to be ? That's what I'm looking for. Thanks very much, Bob Wardlow"

"Hi Bob

A - We don't usually keep bad parts around, but we can pour a firm foam for you. We are the manufacturer and have the ability to change the density.

Thanks!!

- seatfactory"

Mick Milakovic

Rob, let us know what you discover; I'm needing a new seat before the next race in late June.  Thank you,

Mick
Mick