straight cut primary gears for Sachs

Started by Gavin Housh, July 13, 2002, 03:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin Housh

All this talk recently about pumped up 125 Sachs motors and So Cal racing. Does anyone have a set of straight cut primary gears. These gears were manufactured by CMS products in the San Jose area in 1974. They claim a 1-1.5 hp gain simply by geeting ride of the stock helical cut gear set. I've been trying to locate some of these gears to see if it would be feasible to have some remanufactured. If anyone has any experience with these gears please share your knowledge with us . Thanks in advance.

OUCWBOY

Gavin,
I too have been looking for straight cut gears. I once had three sets provided by Monark for the factory bike, but, we went through them in about 8 months. They didn't last too long and "I" couldn't really tell the difference except they made more noise. Our rider felt that it was an improvement, so I guess it helped. I don't know who made them for Monark.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

I know there were a couple of guys out on the left coast that were looking for them also. I haven't heard if anyone found any.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

john durrill

Gavin,
 i have an e-mail friend in Holland that road races sachs engines. He just sent me some pictures of a water cooled ,rotory valve sachs D engine he has made to compete in vintage RR. It has a set of straight cut primary gears on it. If you are realy interested we can ask him where we could source some. But only if you folks are realy interested in buying some. would hate to have him do a bunch of leg work then we back out. He has been a world of help to me on the 175 project.
John

OUCWBOY

John,
I know of two sets that would be purchased out here.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

desmond197

I will take a couple sets as well.

john durrill

Ok folks,
 just sent Martijn an e-mail on the straight cut's lets see what happens.
they will be noisy , should sound like a Can Am when your going through the gears but they will add HP with out an loss in reliability
 Chuckle chuckle
John

john durrill

We got Martijn's reply on the gears . its short and to the point chuckle chuckle

The straight gears are very,very rare-forget it.
Martijn
 sorry guys guess it back to finding a source here in the states.
John

OUCWBOY

John,
That's about the same response we get here. LOL! I guess some one (KARL) might have to look into making some.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR