Hare Scrambler range

Started by Bill Campbell, July 05, 2014, 09:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

Hi guys,
  Gearing up for a two day vinduro in 3 weeks time. This has approx 55 mile loop. Its been too long since I rode my HS that far in one go.Will I complete the lap without refeulling. Not sure about the terrain but it will be say just above average speed and difficulty. Just hunting for a ball park figure. Cheers Bill

brian kirby

What size is your tank? It depends a lot on your jetting.

Brian
Brian

Bill Campbell

Brian it is a stock 74 250 with a watermelon tank.Jetting is old and pretty standard with a 170 main. Was just hoping to get a rough guideline to see if I could comfortably do the loop on one tank. I know its a bit "how long is a piece of string". I just cant remember the last time I rode a loop that long so was looking for a little advice. Cheers Bill

chicagojerry

with a watermelon tank,you should be able to go 55 miles easily. mx tank might be pushing it. chi jer

Big Mac

Just don't make the mistake I've made...have your floats set too high and small amounts of fuel puking out the overflows occasionally in rough terrain or when leaned over--ran a 2.2 gallon tank dry on a 250 at the 40 mile mark one time due to Bing floats being too high and with a leaky bowl gasket also causing fuel to escape while bouncing down the trail.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR