VMD tickets - $$$$!!!!!

Started by OhioTed, July 08, 2014, 02:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

I skipped Vintage Days last year, but decided to take in at least one day of the event again this year.  However, upon inquiring for tickets was shocked to find that admission for one day is FORTY DOLLARS!!!  What the heck???  Shared this with an associate who has a vendor spot. This individual informed me swap meet vendors are no longer provided admission passes.  What the heck II????

$40 to walk around VMD's swap meet is a ripoff, plain and simple.  I am going to the GoodGuys car show in Columbus that same weekend.  Twenty bucks for a ticket there, and that event makes VMD look like AKC show.  No wonder VMD is going down the tubes.

Dale Sonnenschein

AHRMA is no better. Went to unadilla last month. 65 bucks to get in!!!
60 bucks per race if not pre entered!!!! Talk about a ripoff. I can ride my modern bike at the local HS for 10 bucks to get in and camp and 25 to race.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Paul Danik

Below is the pricing copied from the AMA - VMD website. I do like that kids under 12 get in free. Buying tickets in advance does provide for a much less costly entrance, especially for the folks who attend for the entire event.  

This link will take you to the VMD website with a listing of the many activities that are available once inside. I am not here to defend anyone's pricing or discuss politics of the organizations, lots of folks work hard to put on this event, and for that matter all events , just want to see proper info presented to the buying public.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAVintageMotorcycleDays/ScheduleAndDirections.aspx

Get your tickets

AMA Members receive a special discount on tickets to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 11-13, 2014

The American Motorcyclist Association is offering a special discount to its members on tickets for AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, July 11-13, 2014, at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

AMA members can purchase a weekend pass for $45 or a one-day pass for $25, saving $5 off the regular advance purchase rate. The AMA member discount is in addition to the regular $10 savings on advance ticket purchases, and there is no service charge for AMA members when purchasing through the AMA.

AMA member pricing, available through May 27, is only available by calling the AMA directly at (800) 262-5646. In addition to these exclusive AMA member ticket savings, all kids under 12 will be admitted free with a paying, supervising adult.

Tickets to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days are available through Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course or by calling (800) 643-6446.
Single-Day Admission (at event):

Regular: $40

3-Day Admission (at event):

Regular: $60

Kids Under 12 Get in Free.

Paul

PS  Keep passing the word about the showing of the John Penton movie on Saturday night under the stars..:)

Dale Fisher

There is a considerable amount of work done before, during, and after this event to promote the Penton brand.  If you visit Pentonville on Friday, lunch and dinner are provided by chef Dale Buehner.  If you visit on Saturday lunch and dinner are provided along with a piece of JP's birthday cake.  After dinner you have the opportunity to attend one of the group meetings and at twilight we will all have the pleasure to gather and watch a viewing of The John Penton Movie. <Just to add a few fringe benefits to add to your VMD experience>

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired