Trials Woodsman Mudlark Wassell Tank For Sale

Started by imported_n/a, July 21, 2014, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I have an excellent Penton Wassell aluminum fuel tank which needs an appreciative home. I purchased this tank to replace the one on my restored '72 Trials as it was nearly flawlessly straight and the one on the bike had a couple minor dents. I had to cut off and heli-arc plug the two added outlet tubes on the bottom and re-drill the original petcock boss but that turned out fine. The tank is shined to mirror-like finish and my knuckles prove the effort.
Trouble is, this tank is slightly larger than the tank I got with the bike. The tunnel of the tank is also somewhat deeper at the rear. It fits quite well in spite of the differences but I am sticking with the super skinny tank Nelson (a true gentleman) sold me with the rolling chassis originally. I am guessing this to be a Woodsman or Mudlark tank (Dalesman and/or other similar)
I nearly put the tank on eBay a few minutes ago intent on getting something north of $500 for it. Then I remembered the hassles entailed with this method, I really do not like those people.
So how about one of you more reputable sorts in Pentonland get interested  and contact me for photos. I have never had any success posting photos on this website (like many others) so email me at [email protected] and I will send.
Oh yeah, $350 plus shipping or pick up in Grand Rapids MI. Thanks.
Jim Schneider
Cell 616-292-1919 5:30am to 5:00pm EDT only please.

imported_n/a

I am sorry but this simple little offering is starting to get complicated.
New rules: contact me and I will send you photos of the tank via email, if you like what you see commit to it by return email and set up a time to pickup IN PERSON in Grand Rapids Michigan, pay in cash if you like the tank, send a trusted associate if you cannot transact in person.
I am getting international offers and I do not wish to deal with the complication or the risk. Thank you for your patience.

Dale Fisher

Jim, If you email me the photos I'll post them here.  

[email protected]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Here are the photos that were emailed to me by Jim :)

Dale Fisher

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

imported_n/a

Dale, thanks for posting the photos. Pretty powerful tool, these new-fangled photographs - the tank was spoken for within minutes by a Pennsylvania POG member.
If anyone wants to be next in line in case this sale fails for some reason just email me at [email protected] and I will hold on to the contact info just in case. Thanks all. Jim Schneider

Dale Fisher

If the Pennsylvania POG member needs me to pick it up and bring it to the next meeting let me know [?]

Dale Fisher

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

imported_n/a

This tank is again available for sale. The previous apparent purchaser maintained his excitement, interest and communication for a number of weeks but then went silent, never once acknowledging that it he might actually have to PAY FOR IT!! Seemed like a reasonable expectation to me -- huh!!??
Please contact me by phone 616-292-1919 or [email protected]

Guy Hutchinson

Hi Jim, its a lovely tank. I think its for a Wassell Bantam, its certainly the same as the one on mine and different from the Mudlark in that it has the larger cut out at the back.
Guy

imported_n/a

I confess "Wassell Bantam" is a new designation to me. I hope it was a popular model; this very nice tank needs a proper upper frame tube to warmly embrace. Thanks. JS

Dale Fisher

Guy,
I would be interested in learning the frame number.  It may provide some insight on whether the Bantam's were included in the 1000 Wassell trails bike numbers.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dennis Jones

A lot of Wassell aftermarket tanks like that were used on BSA, Triumph, and other trials conversions. Very nice tank and would bring a good price on ebay but not correct for a Penton.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Guy Hutchinson

Hi Dale, if you send me the register I'll fill in the details for my bikes.
PS please can somebody explain how to upload pictures I seem to be struggling !

Dale Fisher

Spencer G, Thank you for submitting your information for another two Wassell's.  This brings the total on the registry to around 26 including a couple without serial numbers.

Guy, Email me the photos and I can post them for you and send you the form.

[email protected]

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher