John Penton book by Ed Youngblood, Anyone have it?

Started by J_T, September 10, 2014, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_T

Does anyone have the book by Ed Youngblood, John Penton and the Off-Road Motorcycle Revolution?  I saw the movie, Penton, at a Gathr event here in Memphis TN back in June and loved it...They read a quote at the end of the movie that I thought they said come from the book (either the front or the end) and I'd like to save that quote (and give John Penton credit of course). It is something about how you treat people...

If anyone has the book or is going to go see the movie (probably too much to write down during the movie) could you please pass along the John Penton Quote?  The DVD I hear comes out in November but I want to use the quote in a paper (with reference to the book) and can't wait until Nov 1st.

Thank you!

Justin T.

Daniel P. McEntee

And a fine book it is! Check out the classified section of this list for a thread about three items down from the top. The book is available from the group, and Dale Fisher will take care of you on that. Enjoy!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Steve Minor

Hey Dale Fisher.....you still have some of Ed Youngblood's books available? If so, I'd like to order one. I have the order form printed out and check ready to mail....just give me the word. It's never too early to buy Christmas presents.

Thanks

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

Jack Penton

Hi JT,

A third edition of the book is at the printers right now and will be available in about two weeks. This updated version has a new cover and foreword that celebrates the movie and gives credit to the book for inspiring the movie.

It is our, the POG's, intentions to impendent a more streamlined on line sales system so you will be able to order the book on-line from this site in the near future.

Have a great day!

Jack

Rob Thatcher

My son and I have a signed one from VMD in 2001.  It goes good with the signed display fuel tank!

Mike Schulz

Hi Justin and welcome to the group! I have a copy of the book - John Penton and the Off-Road Motorcycle Revolution - and I believe that the quote you are looking for was on the  page before the table of contents. It was said by John Penton on October 15, 1988 and is as follows: " Success does not come from setting records, accumulating wealth, establishing a business, or erecting monuments. People are the name of the game. To have success you must build upon the immortal mind with love: without prejudice or greed." As a member it would be good to get the book through the group and read the rest of it - you won't be disappointed![8)]
Mike Schulz
( You should get the DVD as well!)

Dale Fisher

There is still inventory of the current JP book and all I need is shipping instructions and payment.  As I write this three are ready to go to the post office today.  We all will of course need to read and have both the old and new editions ;)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

J_T

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mike Schulz

Hi Justin and welcome to the group! I have a copy of the book - John Penton and the Off-Road Motorcycle Revolution - and I believe that the quote you are looking for was on the  page before the table of contents. It was said by John Penton on October 15, 1988 and is as follows: " Success does not come from setting records, accumulating wealth, establishing a business, or erecting monuments. People are the name of the game. To have success you must build upon the immortal mind with love: without prejudice or greed." As a member it would be good to get the book through the group and read the rest of it - you won't be disappointed![8)]
Mike Schulz
( You should get the DVD as well!)

Thank you Mike, That is just what I'm looking for. I have been in contact with Dale about purchasing the book as well. The movie was great in the theater. I will be buying the DVD to give as gifts to friends I know who will appreciate it.

Steve Minor

Dale......JP book arrived today. Thanks for the quick shipping.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

Dale Fisher

There are two used books listed on Ebay.  Our domestic price for a new one is $25 including postage.  Theirs $170.53 including shipping ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Penton-and-the-Off-Road-Motorcycle-Revolution-Ed-Youngblood-Good-Book-/131284267916?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item1e9126f38c

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

seanguthrie

I got my brand new copy with my last order from Penton Parts USA. Thanks guys!

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213