Motorcycle Dust Covers

Started by Keith Meatyard, October 13, 2014, 09:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Meatyard

Anybody got suggestions for a simple, lightweight dust cover to go over dirt bikes for a reasonable price?

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

thrownchain

Indoor storage ?  Old sheet off the bed.

Jason Rowland

But if you need to make sure it's baby there under the sheet, and she hasn't stuffed her bed with spare fenders and handlebars to make it seem like she's still sleeping (while off cavorting with the Harley Next Door), you could use wire-ties to secure ziploc baggies of sand into the corners of those very lightweight painter's drops....Hey, check it out - I've gone "average member" all of a sudden. That's a bit disheartening....

KJDonovan

Keith,

I use old sheets as well and to keep them from blowing off the bikes when the doors are open I use clothespins to clip them tight to the bike here and there.  Looks funny, but it works.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
72 Montesa Cota 123
72 Montesa Cota 123T (Another Project)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Kip Kern

DKWRACER

Where do I get beadsheets with the PENTON Logo....Hummmmm SweetdreamZZ

A set or Two, would do...

Tom Brosius[:p]
Thomas Brosius

t20sl

Try your neighborhood Harley Davidson dealer.  HD sends every bike out with a simple white cover with elastic around bottom.  Made to keep bikes clean in the trucks.  We throw them away and I am sure other dealers do also.

wfopete

I put a Harley cover on my Penton and right away it got slower, louder and developed oil leaks.  Fortunately 2 days after I quit using the cover the Penton return to normal.

Never again!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

thrownchain

Hey T20, grab me a few, I'll cover cost to ship 'em to me.....

Keith Meatyard

Great tip on the Harley dealer.  Mine here is saving covers for me this week.

Thanks

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard