Larry Maiers MotoWorld

Started by Paul Danik, October 12, 2014, 11:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

One of the many joys of attending the POG meetings in Amherst is being able to look around the room and see the many folks attending who helped shape the motorcycling world as we know it today.

One of those folks is Larry Maiers. At the last meeting Larry took time to tell some of the accomplishments of another attendee, Barry Higgins. Larry also read to us a short piece that he read to retiring national enduro rider Mike Lafferty at a recent event honoring him.

As Larry spoke his voice took me back to the days of watching MotoWorld on TV, I actually closed my eyes for a moment and could picture him on the TV "back in the day".

My question to you folks is this, did you look forward to watching MotoWorld as well, or did you get to hear Larry as the announcer at events, if so would you mind sharing your memories with us?

This link will take you to Larry's bio for his being in the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=101

Thanks,
MotoWorld fan from "back in the day".....and still !!

jeff greenberg

I was fortunate enough to actually have Larry announcing at many nationals  that I raced back in the 70's.  Larry is a real treasure !!
Jeff

Dale Sonnenschein

I went to Unadilla many times, and I can still hear Larry's voice as he announced the races. He really did a great job.

73 Jackpiner
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
78 husky cr250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r