Mid Ohio

Started by auggie, July 22, 2002, 07:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auggie

I would like to Thank Al & Dale for the Hospitality they extended to all us fellow POG members. This adds more proof that our POG group is more than just a club. I really enjoyed the "Tales from the Trails" that we all shared with one another. I would like to give a special THANKS to John Penton for starting this PENTON thing many years ago.

Dwight Rudder

I too wish to thank Al and Dale for their Hospitality and to Thank them for their inviting the Vinduro members to join in the fun also.
I would like to remind everyone that VINDURO is a online forum club for all fans of ISDT / Enduro Vintage motorcycles. Not just Penton. Penton Owners Group and the ISDT Reunion ride inspired us to start this group and we now have over 385 members at the Yahoogroups.com vinduro forum. Many of the POG members are also members of VINDURO. The Vinduro group also has a page at:
//www.vinduro.com
The international motorcycle connection with Penton Imports and John Penton is great. John seems to have had his hand in importing Husqvarna, Penton, Puch, and Hercules. I just picked up at VMD a 1977 GS125/7a Hercules that John had brought over during the KTM transition era. It seems that when John was PO'ed at Trunkenpolz that he picked up a couple and send them to the states. This bike is different than the standard issue Hercules that was sold to public in the USA. Myself and many of the Vinduro group look at the POG as a sister group with the same type goals . We also have a European sister group :
//www.enduro-senioren.de
It seems that Pentons are a big collectors item in Europe, especially Italy.
Oh, well I can't wait to see many  of you at the ISDT Reunion Ride.
//www.reunionride.com
enough rambling , I just really enjoyed the time spent with my POG / Vinduro friends this past weekend.
Cher'o,
Dwight

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Dwight Rudder

I too wish to thank Al and Dale for their Hospitality and to Thank them for their inviting the Vinduro members to join in the fun also.
I would like to remind everyone that VINDURO is a online forum club for all fans of ISDT / Enduro Vintage motorcycles. Not just Penton. Penton Owners Group and the ISDT Reunion ride inspired us to start this group and we now have over 385 members at the Yahoogroups.com vinduro forum. Many of the POG members are also members of VINDURO. The Vinduro group also has a page at:
//www.vinduro.com
The international motorcycle connection with Penton Imports and John Penton is great. John seems to have had his hand in importing Husqvarna, Penton, Puch, and Hercules. I just picked up at VMD a 1977 GS125/7a Hercules that John had brought over during the KTM transition era. It seems that when John was PO'ed at Trunkenpolz that he picked up a couple and send them to the states. This bike is different than the standard issue Hercules that was sold to public in the USA. Myself and many of the Vinduro group look at the POG as a sister group with the same type goals . We also have a European sister group :
//www.enduro-senioren.de
It seems that Pentons are a big collectors item in Europe, especially Italy.
Oh, well I can't wait to see many  of you at the ISDT Reunion Ride.
//www.reunionride.com
enough rambling , I just really enjoyed the time spent with my POG / Vinduro friends this past weekend.
Cher'o,
Dwight

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.