Parts Wanted Steel Tanker Project V3176

Started by Cal Alexander, November 12, 2014, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal Alexander

Just picked up a nice steel tanker project bike in Boise Idaho, frame number V3176. Bruce Young of Hodaka Parts.com sold me this Gem that was hiding amongst his Hodaka inventory. Bruce is a great guy who worked for Hipoint on the West Coast back in the day. True to his roots he wanted to see this Northern California bike brought back to life.

Called Al B. today and ordered the part schematics for the bike. Al was very helpful as usual in helping me narrow down the bikes vintage. It appears the bike is a 1970 model with the 20" seat, wide front fender bracket and left side bracket for the optional down swept pipe.

It appears I will be needing several components for the bike including a Seat Pan, Carb, Airbox Assembly, Bike Stand and Pipe. I was also wondering if there is anyone out there who specializes in painting / refurbishing steel tanks for these bikes. The tank on this one is in pretty good shape. A little rust outside but generally clean inside and no dents.

I appreciate any contacts or leads on these hard to find components. I own and have restored several CMF Pentons but this is my first Tanker so I'm on a bit of steep a learning curve. Thanks in advance for any help / expertise all you steel tanker experts can lend.

- Cal Alexander

75 250 MC
73 Cafe MX
72 Six Day
72 Six Day Enduro
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

KJDonovan

Cal,

You should get in touch with Keith Meatyard about painting your tank.  I saw a couple he did earlier this year that came out great.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

firstturn

Cal sounds like a great find.  You can contact me via email or just call Circle F for the pipe.  I will try and see what else I have that isn't already designated for a Steeltanker project.  Great find and Al is the best at helping.
firstturn at hotmail . com

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Cal Alexander

Kevin, thanks for the reply. I've reached out to Keith on the tank refurb and Ron is helping me locate some hard to find items. I appreciate the help.

75 250 MC
73 Cafe MX
72 Six Day
72 Six Day Enduro
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire