Cleveland Show results and photos.

Started by Dale Fisher, February 04, 2015, 07:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Jack summed the weekend up appropriately as we parted company somewhere around 8:00 pm Sunday.  We had just caravanned the POG Hi-Point behind his Sprinter, my three rail trailer behind my pickup, and Scott Brogan pulling Jacks three rail behind his vehicle.  We were forced to use the surface streets and pushed through the snowstorm without incident leaving my trailer behind in Amherst.  

Jack's comment was "Awesome Weekend Guys" and that it was.  Momentum surely has not waned in showcasing the Penton brand and securely establishing John's incredible story with the movie now in the hands of around 200 plus show attendees.

A huge thank you to all that helped and made the weekend truly special and "Awesome" !

As the brain fog clears and I have a moment to upload the photographs, I'll share the link to the fun [8D]  If you are a social media user they currently are up on Facebook shared on various pages.

https://www.facebook.com/dale.fisher.733/media_set?set=a.931118280246062.1073741831.100000436975855&type=1&pnref=story

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

I almost forgot to add that I have started up a Facebook Penton Owners Group Page.  It hasn't been promoted too agressively as it remains a work in progress.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1411390782484925/

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Here is a link to some photographs of the incredible event.

http://s957.photobucket.com/user/CheneySachs/slideshow/Cleveland%20International%20Motorcycle%20Show%202015

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

hankthecrank

Thanks Dale for the pictures! What a great display, I especially liked the resting rider. You guys just keep raising the bar each year.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

BrianTaylor

Brian Taylor

[email protected]

Dale it looks fantastic !!! Great job and all involved should be very very proud!
I wish I could have made the show in person.
Thanks
Paul

paul a. busick

I was only there on Friday night.  I think the crowd was smaller due to the weather and it being a Friday night.  That being said, I found the crowd a the POG booth to be enthusiastic and very much interesting in getting John to sign their posters and other memorability. The whole POG site was a real head turner.  Many thanks to the members that had their hands in putting it all together.  A big thanks to Dale for his work and photos. Amherst Paul

Dale Fisher

I can only accept a small part of the credit.  Paul and Jack put the overall arrangement together (while I  worked on the credit card payment system).  Jack was also instrumental in getting the nine Amherst bikes there.  JP worked hard at providing signatures to all that desired one with a little conversation and a few personal photo ops thrown in.
Overall, it was a group effort by the POG members who volunteered their time and effort that made the weekend a success!

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

BrianTaylor

After looking at pics 32-35 I was thinking about a question asked by Al Roof a few months ago to the POG group that never seemed to get answered ... and it was something like " Who in the group is the keeper/Historian of the POG group that donated items could be sent to " ....As the pictures show " back in the day items " it is a terrific display and maybe some members would donate items for the POG display or just for History .... just a thought ... Brian

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

ALB

Hi Brian,

The POG does not have a Keeper/Historian.
Acquiring "things" poses a problem in - were to store things, keeping them safe, secure, and just plain keeping track of it all.

Right now, the POG items are kind of spread around and are being stored in the homes of some of the Officers of POG. The items that we have been selling are being transferred to an E-Commerce web site (that is in the works) to make it easier to purchase items and eliminate some of the storage and handling of items.

When we do our displays, many of the nostalgic items used in the display come from our member's private collection.

Donating items to the POG is something that will have to brought up and discussed at a meeting to come up with a policy to deal with it.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

BrianTaylor

Brian Taylor