2015 events not to be missed..

Started by Paul Danik, December 27, 2014, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

2015 is just around the corner, and now is the time to plan, Many of you have attended numerous events around the country, some extravagant and highly publicized, others quaint and very low key.
If you care to share your thoughts on what you feel are "not to be missed" events, it would be appreciated.

Please feel free to include museums and collections that you enjoy visiting, as well as races, swap meets, trail rides, ect...

Thank you,
Paul

Dale Fisher

Here are a few on my list.  Still looking into the Netra series and the OVBSA Spring Classic June 6th & 7th, and the fall classic August 7th, 8th, & 9th on how they may fit.

IXL Show -  Cleveland, OH :             Fri Jan 30th – Sun Feb 1st
Arkansas Dirt Riders – New Blaine, AR:      Sat May 9th – Sun May 10th
John Penton GNCC – Milford, OH:         Sat June 6th – Sun June 7th
Vintage Motorcycle Days -  Lexington, OH:      Fri July 10th - Sun July 12th
AMCA National -  Wauseon, OH:         Fri July 17th – Sun July 19th
ISDTRR Qualifier #1 – Rose City, MI:         Sat Aug 8th – Sun Aug 9th   
ISDTRR Qualifier #2 – King Ferry, NY:      Sat Aug 22nd – Sun Aug 23rd
Rose City Classic MX – Delta, OH:         Sat Sept 12th – Sun Sept 13th
ISDTRR – McArthur, OH:            Fri Sept 19th – Sun Sept 20th
Amherst Pig Roast:               TBD

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Who's up for a team of steel tanker plonkers at the ISDTRR?

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

derek martin

A whole week in Texas; go spectate the Austin MotoGP / Moto America AMA road races, do Colin Edwards' boot camp the following week then AHRMA Diamond Don's VMX the next Saturday. Unfortunately the boot camp runs Tuesday through Friday and the DD CC is on Friday too - this is the only bad thing about this event line-up. I'd really like to do this but realistically probably won't be able to. The AHRMA Michigan and Ohio ISDT events I'll try to make - New York's a little far. The AHRMA ISDT events are pretty well the only vintage events I do anymore although I would do a CC that's relatively close or a CC with a VMX a little farther out. Driving hundreds of miles and riding for an hour (or two if riding vintage and PV) each day just doesn't excite me that much anymore. I wonder if there would be any AHRMA interest in a vintage series of closed-course Enduros which wouldn't require the large amount of ground but yet offer several hours of riding?

Dale Sonnenschein

Some of my  "not to miss" are bear creek sportsman's vintage ride in the spring.  The Unadilla rewind, ISDTRR qualifier in NY and the ISDTRR in Ohio. VMD in Ohio, a few of the vintage NETRA races. Alex Snoops trail ride is always fun. Hopefully a road ride to Jim Hollerich's museum. And the pig roast would be nice to go to along with a POG meeting too!

73 Jackpiner
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
78 husky cr250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
For those who didn't make it to the 2014 ISDT RR, I'm happy to announce that the Tulsa Trail Riders will be hosting a 2 day reset format modern enduro out at the John Zink Ranch in Sand Springs, OK on Mar.14-15, 2015. These races are the opening rounds of the Black Jack Enduro Championships for 2015 and info should soon be posted at tulsatrailriders.com and bjec.org . Don't miss another chance to ride at the site of the 1994 ISDE. FYI gas prices in the Tulsa area are currently $1.78 gal and expected to stay low in 2015 so come out and have some fun.
Dave McCullough

Paul Danik

One of my favorite events each year is coming up this coming weekend, The York, PA swapmmet.

It would be easy to say that the incredible parts availability on Sunday, or the parts auction, or the motorcycle auction, are the reasons that one should attend this event.

Or possibly that the café seating area located between the two large exhibit halls, that allows for old friends as well as new to rest and catch up with each other while sampling the awesome selection of refreshments is a big reason.  Or possibly that the timing of the event could not be better, or that the facility is top notch and clean, including the restrooms is a big reason.

As much as all of the above are true, and in their own right reason enough to attend, it is the People that truly make this event an Epic event each and every year.

This event draws folks from up and down the east coast, as well as from a number of states westward...if you have never attended, or haven't been there lately, with the price of fuel dropping like the glass ball in Times Square on New Years eve, do yourself a favor and type York, Pa into your GPS make the trip this weekend. The Fairgrounds are very easy to access from major highways.

Once again a BIG THANK YOU to Will Stoner for creating this event way back when, could it be 20 - 25 years ago...and also a BIG THANK YOU to the Potomac Vintage Riders, for not only continuing this event when Will had to step away from it, but for nurturing it and allowing it to grow into such a wonderful "happening"  :D

My only other advice, get there early, and plan on staying for the day...

Paul

Kip Kern

Weather is supposed to be nice,  wished I lived closer, have fun:)

454MRW

Kip, you know you could always catch a ride with me from Indy over on Friday evening and back on Sunday. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R