John Penton movie at the Nat. Packard Museum

Started by Paul Danik, April 09, 2015, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The National Packard Museum will be showing the John Penton movie on Saturday April 18th. starting at 7 pm. The Museum will be opening at 6 pm which will allow for folks to visit the displays before the movie begins. There will be an $ 8.00 admission fee for the evening. Popcorn and soft drinks will be available.

I just confirmed with Jack Penton that he and John Penton do hope to attend and are looking forward to mingling with the attendees.

One of the displays at the Museum is of the John Penton movie motorcycles. Included in the display are the NSU and BMW that John Penton rode "back in the day", and that were used in the filming of the movie. Also displayed is a BSA and an early Harley that were both used in the filming, and possibly the little Honda step thru is there as well, but my mind is a little fuzzy on that one.

The link below will take you to the National Packard Museum website where directions and such can be found.

http://packardmuseum.org/

A big thanks goes out to Bruce Williams who is the motorcycle display curator at the Museum for his dedication in keeping the motorcycle displays and events such as this coming along. I am sure that Bruce has a loyal group of helpers who also deserve much thanks...THANK YOU to all of you...

Hope to see you at the movie....:)

Paul

Paul Danik

Tonight, Saturday April 18th. is the night....:)

Lots of folks have emailed and said their planning on attending, including John and Jack Penton.

Hope to see you there.
Paul

Dale Fisher

It was a great night spent with over 60 attending.  Attached is a link to some photos I took of what a terrific job the museum does.  JP is relaxing after a dog, some popcorn, and a soft drink.

http://s957.photobucket.com/user/CheneySachs/slideshow/Packard%20Museum%20Penton%20Movie%20Night%204-18-15

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher