Penton Imports Husqvarna Records

Started by Richard Colahan, May 11, 2015, 04:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Colahan

Perhaps someone on the POG web site can help...
Viking Products in CA has retained all of the sales records for the Husqvarnas sold on the west coast by Mr. Edison Dye.

Does anyone know if the similar sales records for Husqvarnas sold on the east coast by Penton Imports are still available?

I appreciate any help...thanks.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Paul Danik

Richard,

Viking is to be commended for there archiving of such items, I would be curious to know just how that all occurred, great foresight or ?????

I have personally lightened my wallet a few times acquiring a few gems from those folks. One of the more notable items was the original Husky Dealer application that Ron Bohn's father, Melvin Bohn, sent to Edison Dye requesting to become a Husky Dealer. It not only included the original application, but also photos of their original shop sent along to rightfully bolster their position as a formidable motorcycle dealer in the Pittsburgh area, and yes they did become a Husky dealer. I made copies of those items for my collection and gave the originals to Ron Bohn.

As far as Penton Imports having such records, I do not think they exist at this time, but I sincerely hope to be proven wrong. I am making note of your question and will do some follow up. Thanks for asking the question as it will prompt us to re-ask and re-look :)

Paul

Richard Colahan

I went to college at Pitt.
Traveled over to MJ Bohn's on Saw Mill Run blvd a few times to stare at those 250, 360, and 400 Huskies!
For someone with a $70 used Hodaka 90, they sure looked impressive!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Richard Colahan

Paul,
According to Don (Edison Dye's son-in-law) at Viking, Edison Dye kept a record of virtually EVERYTHING.
If a Met-Ed van was going to the races, there is a record of $ spent at a gas stop...not just for the gas...but for a Coke or a candy bar.

And now, some of those records are worth quite a bit if they can provide history for a bike ridden by a famous racer...

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA