airbox question

Started by ccmnova, August 05, 2015, 09:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccmnova

Question abt 74 125, the airbox on the side houses the filter but the outer cover closes it all off - where's the main intake?? Am I missing something??

firstturn

If yours is a late '73 or newer the air intake is under the tank and the air is funneled into the top of the air box.  You will see this if you ever remove the airbox.  Hope that helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

ccmnova

But the filter is on the side of the airbox and then the cover presses it onto the housing. If the intake was under the tank the air would not be filtered

Mickey Sergeant

On top of the air box you might have a air scoop. It has two bolts that secures it. It has an opening on the back side for air to enter. Or if you dont have the scoop there is an opening there that might be open or they make a plug that you put in for wet conditions for enduro riding.

firstturn

OK, I went back on another thread you had and it looks like you have a 1974 Penton 125.  If you take off the tank you will see air slots in the frame under the tank area.  The air comes in there and proceeds through the frame to the top of the fiberglass airbox.  The air then comes down to the front side of the air filter (the part you see when you take the number plate cover off) and the air goes through the airfilter to you carburetor.  Hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

ccmnova

I'll check it out when I'm back in town and advise. Thanks for the comments.

ccmnova

Now i see where the entry is on the top underside of the airbox like you all have said