Doug Wilford update

Started by ALB, August 07, 2015, 10:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

On the way to the POG meeting yesterday evening, I had some extra time, so I stopped by the Nursing Home where Doug is now living to check up on him.

He and his wife, Dot, were outside enjoying the pleasant evening. Doug was in his reclining wheel chair, sleeping peacefully. Dot was pleasantly surprised to see me and we talked for about a half hour.

Doug has been eating good to the point where he has been gaining weight. Because of this, he is being taken off of hospice care and some of his medications. He sleeps most of the day (he did not wake up while I was there). Dot told me that sometimes he will recognize her. Although his mind is pretty much gone, he is still strong (he has a vice like grip with his hands).

Dot sees Doug twice a day, at lunch and dinner where she feeds him and then takes him outdoors to enjoy the nice weather. She is in very good spirits and does not appear to have the worries and concerns that she had last year. Her love for Doug is easy to see for the way that she cares for him and talks about him. They are both blessed and I am honored to have the opportunity to have shared a small piece of their lives.

I see both Doug and Dot surrounded in love and light and all is good.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Rocket

Thanks for the update Al, Doug is an awesome man and I am glad to know him.
Rod

Steve Minor

So glad to hear Doug is doing well. He's such a great guy and so giving. I proudly own a 72 Six Day with one of his "DW" motors. It's one I plan to keep.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

firstturn

Thanks Al for the update and Doug and Dot are just the BEST!  When I go through Crestview,Florida I always think of them both.  That is where Doug met Dot while he was stationed at Eglin Air Force Base.  Thanks  again.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh