parts suppliers

Started by Dale Sonnenschein, November 25, 2015, 11:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Sonnenschein

I've been on this site and a member for a few years now and have found a lot of great info. I've also noticed that, like all vintage enthusiast's, we have interest in many old bike brands. I see a lot of guys looking for parts by bike brand and manufacturer of parts. I know we have the "supplier list" mostly for Penton on this site. Can there be a listing made of suppliers, that have general inventory or people we can turn to that have a large supply of vintage parts for other brands? I noticed Kip was looking for British parts and found them at speed and sport. I haven't heard of speed and sport. Could we compile a list of places like that so we all have a better chance of finding that hard to find part we have been searching for?

73 Jackpiner
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
78 husky cr250
82 husky wr430
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Gordon Brennan

I agree with Dale. Vintage is Vintage regardless of brand. And many of these other suppliers carry universal parts like shocks, bars, levers, cables, tires, etc. Matt, at Speed & Sport has helped me out a few times. Last order was shocks for my Can Am.

thrownchain

Speed and sport actually comes up as a reference on regular basis. He seems to cover a lot of brands.

KJDonovan

Dale,

I agree, it would be nice if we had a place we could list suppliers that we use on a regular basis.  I think I asked the Admin about this some years back and was told that only suppliers that are POG members get listed on our suppliers page.  That said, the folks on the NETRA site are assembling a pretty good list and I will ask the admin there to make it a "sticky post" so it does not get buried over time.  The link to the post is:  http://forum.netra.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=914

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
74ish Mint 400
74 Hare Scrambler
71 Suzuki TS125
72 Montesa Cota 123
83 Husqvarna WR430
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Dale Sonnenschein

Phew!! I was a little hesitant to ask about this. I understand this site is penton only and that's great. I've met some really nice people on this site and at some of the vintage rides. I'm some what new to vintage and there's not a lot of vintage stuff in my area. So I'm limited to the larger suppliers when I shop. It's always great to find a small shop with NOS stuff or repro stuff as well. Hopefully admin can make a spot for this subject. Great idea Kevin.

73 Jackpiner
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
78 husky cr250
82 husky wr430
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r