Malcolm Smith book

Started by Kevin Grimes, September 04, 2015, 11:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Grimes

Two years, two and a half months since I preordered this book. It is finally here. Wow,it was worth the wait. Congratulations to Malcolm Smith and Mitch Boehm for 400 pages of great stories and photos.
Check out the photo on page 148 of Malcolm and Mr.Penton at the 1969 Six Days.
Enjoy, Kevin

ALB

I ordered 2 copies of the book on March 6th.
They finally arrived. It was worth the wait. Lots of great photos.

I have never seen the photo shown of page 148 before. It's great.
The best photo is on page 182-3 showing Malcolm's "Mark Spitz" pose with his 5 gold ISDT medals. It was shown in magazine ads back in the 70's.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

ALB

I've been reading my copy of Malcolm Smith's book. What an amazing guy. Through the past 20 years, I have heard some stories about him. He tells these stories and a whole lot more in this book, which he wrote. It is written from his point of view on what he did, who he met, how he raced, and what he experienced. It's amazing he is still alive. He has had more lives than a cat, having had more than 20 close calls with death. He is in the same league with John Penton when it comes to competition, doing whatever it takes to win.

This book is definately worth buying and a must read.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Ed Barth

Where's the best place to buy a book? Sounds like a good one.

Thank you

Ed Barth

'73 Penton 125 Six Days
'73 Yamaha DT3 250
'04 KTM 125 SX
'06 KTM 250 SX
'13 KTM 250 XC
Ed Barth

\\\'73 Penton 125 Six Days
\\\'73 Yamaha DT3 250
\\\'06 KTM 250 SX
\\\'15 KTM 250 SX

thrownchain

Kip Kern

I called Alexander and had them send one from the shop.

Dwight Rudder

Malcolm will be at Barber's Vintage Festival signing autographs and selling books inside the Museum entrance. No fee for access to Malcolm. Friday through Sunday.

t20sl

You can also purchase the book thru your local brick and mortar dealer.  They can order them from Tucker Rocky.  A great distributor and has them in stock.

Paul Danik

The Malcolm Smith book is in a word, incredible. So much history of our sport, so many lessons for life as well as business, and much, much more.

The book arrived late Wednesday afternoon. I started to read it Wednesday evening, woke up about 1:30 am and with Thursday being Thanksgiving and not needing to work, I got up and read most of the night, slowly reading and letting it all sink in. Finished it on Friday with a feeling of sadness, as I did not want it to end, just like I felt when watching On Any Sunday many years ago. By the way, there is a great chapter in the book about that incredible movie.

Thank you Malcolm Smith and Mitch Boehm for putting this incredible book together.

Paul

goliath

I have to order book sounds interesting i just watched on any Sunday again this weekend what a great movie one of my fist bike was a 72 husky 360 and i compete vintage trials on 70s Montesas movie must have had big influence on me when i was a kid lol  
Cheers Udo

Paul Danik

In the book Malcolm tells the inside stories of many of the zany things he has gotten himself into, including the making of the Honda commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH9dbXgrTs

Paul Danik

I realized that I had not provided the link that makes ordering the Malcolm book very simple, it is below. Hopefully this link will make it easier for Santa to have the book under the tree on the big day ! :)

http://themalcolmbook.com/

Paul