Connecting Rods

Started by Kip Kern, December 11, 2015, 08:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Anyone know of anybody/company custom building Rod kits.  Tried Hot Rods and CWI with no luck as they are back logged for a year. Thanks in advance!

Leo Keller

Quotequote:Originally posted by kip kern

Anyone know of anybody/company custom building Rod kits.  Tried Hot Rods and CWI with no luck as they are back logged for a year. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kip,
do you know Mazzucchelli in Italy? Ok, far away for you, but they do produce different repair sets for 125 cc Sachs motors
http://www.nuovamazzucchelli.com/bielle/sachs.pdf
and KTM also:
http://www.nuovamazzucchelli.com/bielle/ktm.pdf

Leo Keller

PINKIE

HI, THERE ARE TWO 400 ROD KITS ON EBAY THEY END ON MONDAY

PINKIE

UP DATE FOUND ONE 125 ROD KIT ON EBAY ENDS FRIDAY?
Quotequote:Originally posted by PINKIE

HI, THERE ARE TWO 400 ROD KITS ON EBAY THEY END ON MONDAY

firstturn

Kip what rod kits are you looking for?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

Per another thread Kip was working on a 380cc CZ, a 125cc Penton, a 125cc Puch, and a 402cc Jawa.  Let's rule out the CZ and Penton since the rods for them are obtainable.  On the Sachs 125cc it's a new tapered crank pin that is impossible to find if needed.  There seems to be a few Puchs around so my guess is the rod is for the 402cc Jawa.  Or...... knowing Kip something else and exotic [:p]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Mickey Sergeant

I thought Al has the correct rods now with correct pins. I just finished putting in a mazzucchelli rod kit from Gunther that I had

Mickey

Kip Kern

Sorry guys forgot to say what for!  1970 Jawa 402cc ISDT Banana Frame, only 21 built in the world.  I think CWI out of Arizona may be able to help, just have to send my rod/crank to them and they can possibly match/machine one.  This is the most interesting thing I have restored as most parts are one off.  Thanks so much for the feed back, I really appreciate it a lot.  Merry Christmas to all and looking forward in seeing everyone at Mid Ohio and Wauseon next year.

ALB

I had Sachs "B" rod kits made up with the correct length tapered pins.
I have plenty of these in stock.
I also currently have plenty of 175 / 250 / 400 rod kits. [8D]

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner