Pentons at Chehalis AHRMA National

Started by clayman, August 12, 2002, 12:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

I'm not sure what happened to all of the Penton riders at Chehalis? There were only two genuine Pentons in competition, Californian Erik Carter, who rode the Sportsman 500cc Expert class and finished inside of the top 10. I rode my 125 in the Classic 125cc class and did quite well (4-5), fourth overall, for 6'4" 240! When I raced Professionally 20 years ago, I only weighed 170, so it seemed kind of funny for me to be on a 125 at that size, but I had to make up for the additional weight by riding harder!
Didn't see Steve Talbott's nice 250 Penton there, nor did I see his name in the results. Former Grand National TT winner Randy Skiver and Glen Finneran were both aboard hybrid "Pendas"....do those count??? Also, Dirk Williams and Scott Knauf were aboard Monarks.
Sincerely,
Clay Light
Salem, OR.

lobo6y

Clay,
You are right, for wahtever reason we teched very few Pentons there this year, and I didn't even see any bikes/parts in the pits.  There may have been one more in the 125 Classic Novice group, I think...but not certain.
Overall it was  a great turnout (~330 entries), so I'm not sure why the Pentons were under represented this year compared ot the past (mine is still in rework).  
regards, dave

FMF MX

Clay -
you must have missed mine, as it never left my truck. I brought my replica mettco penton up to backup my 125 husky. I got 3rd in classic 125 int, and husky ran great, so my piece of artwork never touched the dirt. Lots of admirers tho took photos of it.

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

clayman

Bart:
I'm sorry that I did miss your Penton at Chehalis! I covered the event for Cycle News and a couple of other publications and didn't have much of a chance to walk the pits. I did see a silver 400?? for sale in the back of a truck that someone wanted $1200 for, but that was about it. Hope to see you on the Penton at Madras???
Clay Light
Salem, OR.