tank sealer

Started by 242, December 31, 2015, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whats a good tank sealer to use on a steel tank. In the past I have used a Auto tank sealer but found they no longer make it in the small size.  I need it for my old 1940 Ariel Four. I found Kreen tank sealer in Dennis Kirk but there might be a better buy and product out there. Also need two inside rear spokes for rear wheel?? Ha Ha but easyer to get  then Penton spokes. Yoy'll have a "Happy New Year" Dave

thrownchain

Tank sealer; Caswell.

KJDonovan

Dave,

+1 one on the Caswell Tank Sealer.  I have used their "Dragons Blood" sealer on both steel and fiberglass and have yet to have any issues with it deteriorating over time.  Just make sure you follow the prep procedure so the tank is perfectly clean and dry before starting.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Who handles this sealer?

thrownchain

1 855 CASWELL gets you direct to the company. Also ebay and Amazon have it.

Cal Alexander

Red Coat also works well for steel tanks. Most of the Harley and Hodaka guys recommend it for their restorations. You can buy it online or at many Auto Parts stores. Make sure you follow the coating instructions for a thin consistent coat to avoid thick spots or pooling.

75 250 MC
74 Jackpiner
72-73 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

thrownchain

Biggest issue is proper prep, doesn't matter which one you use, if it ain't prepped properly, it'll fail at some point.

Richard Colahan

Caswell...you can buy it direct...

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Prep is still 99% of the product's success.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Thanks, Got some Red Coat ordered. Dave