WTB - 1970 or 71 Berkshire?

Started by tooclose racing, January 28, 2016, 05:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Do not even ask me why I am pondering such a purchase other than I just stared (and stared) at Tony Friedel's excellent 1970 Six Day restoration that was at York in the Bike Show.  Yes, this fantasy is probably right up there with my KR flat tracker fantasy.  Does anybody have a lead on a possible steel tank Berkie restoration project (yes - I'd probably hire someone to do it...I'm still putting in 50-55 a week making a living).

Thanks,

Unclaimed Son of Gary Ellis

Dale Fisher

Who's watching this one on Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321987578130?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

t20sl

I have a 90% plus restored 1970/71 Six Day 125 you could turn into  Berki with out much work. Photos available. Ohio title in my name.
Ted

Rick Bennett

Unclaimed son
The early bikes kind of grow on you. I know since I just bought one at York. When we get them done I will race you around the parking lot.
Rick Bennett

tooclose racing

@ Dale - gosh is that nice. I don't watch eBay as much as I used to.  Thanks.  Scratching my head as to who that is listing the bike - is it Victor Monz maybe?  Also interested on where that reserve is at.  Care to speculate? [:0]

@ Ted - please send some photos/details to [email protected] as well as what you are thinking ($$).  And thanks!

@ Rick - yep, I think I saw you wheel that out of the building. It's going to need some "work", right?

firstturn

The one on ebay is nice bike.  I used to own it.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

pentons4ever

I also have one that's almost done.motor built by Doug wilford (never started) nos seat,nos motoplat correct taillight mount( almost every one I c is to short and has wrong angle meant for the bennelli or zundap)if the first offer don't work out of course.was planning on finishing it and putting it on pog site and selling it to fund the 68 project that I can't locate yet.

tooclose racing

Ted - got your email, staring at photos.  Back to you soon.  Pentons4ever, if you have a moment to send photos to email address above - appreciate it.

pentons4ever

What happened 2 the Berkshire that Dale f posted at top of this post.curious how much it went for.

pentons4ever

Too close will send pics as soon as I can

thrownchain

Ends on the 31st, reserve not met yet.

pentons4ever

Did not post pics due to not want to step on anyone's toes. Hope I didn't hold up a deal.not my intention.

pentons4ever

Was the reserve met on the Berkshire .it just says ended.

tooclose racing

I was curious about what happened with that eBay Berkie, also.  

I've talked to Ted directly, but I wanted everyone to know that my red tank plans went on hold when I ended up finally grabbing my first modern off road bike (deal I didn't think I could refuse).

I'm not going anywhere.  I will be back (looking for a steel tank Berkie) at a later date.  

Thanks to Dale,Ted and Howard for responding.  Sincerely.

Dale Fisher

Sometimes the listings can be found by checking the sold, unsold, options.  It was on my watch list so here is what was reported.

7 bids - $2060.00 (reserve not met)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point