Motocross Gloves

Started by JP Morgen, December 24, 2015, 08:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Morgen

Back in the good old days!! motocross gloves were made with "pre-cupped" palms so they wouldn't bunch up and cause problems. I don't ride often and have problems with bunching and blisters, anyone know of gloves made today with this feature? Thanks and happy holidays to all!

Dale Fisher

JP,  Looks like the last of these sold recently.  From clogs to hand jobs Hi-Point offered just about everything [:I]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

JP Morgen

Thanks Dale, Mary Smith sells a similar product today, but I find any tape/wrapping to be too confining/constricting makes it all worse.

Mike Schulz

Hi JP,
Some Rolf Tibblin gloves for sale NOS on ebay now. I believe there is a company that reproduces the classic Hallman GP black and white gloves with the white V on the back (and don't turn your hands purple!) which I like alot which show up now and then on ebay. I think the company was Cosmic? and the seller was mlpowersports. Don't know of any modern re-pops of Jofa or other precurved gloves. Hope this helps keep the topic alive.
Mike Schulz

skiracer

Hey JP, you might want to try wrapping athletic tape around your hand and fingers to stop the blisters. You can find it in most drug stores.....

Quotequote:Originally posted by JP Morgen

Back in the good old days!! motocross gloves were made with "pre-cupped" palms so they wouldn't bunch up and cause problems. I don't ride often and have problems with bunching and blisters, anyone know of gloves made today with this feature? Thanks and happy holidays to all!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS: FOR SALE
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa