POG meeting excitement....

Started by Paul Danik, February 19, 2016, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

At the February POG meeting Larry Maiers brought in some items that had belonged to his dear friends Kathie and Elmer Towne, who both have  passed away, and who both were very important cogs in the makeup of the Penton organization. The items included an original Penton jersey, a pair of clogs that Hi-Point handled that had some fir on them, and a few other interesting items.

As Larry completed his "show and tell", he mentioned how he used to thoroughly enjoy the "what's in your garage" portion of the POG meetings, which ended when everyone had taken a turn. Larry went on to suggest that at future POG meetings each person that cared to do so could bring in 1 item that they wished to share with the group and do a "show and tell" with their item. Everyone seemed to like the idea and it looks like this will become a regular feature in future POG meetings.

So, if you have been wanting to attend a POG meeting, and if you have a "special" item you wish to show the group, please plan on attending. This new meeting feature should be a lot of fun, as well as informative. THANK YOU Larry for suggesting it.

A little side note about Larry Maiers, OR who ever he really is:D

I was attending an event awhile back and a POG member from a distance away from Amherst said that he really wanted to make the trip to a POG meeting sometime as he was amazed at who attends these meetings. In questioning the gentleman a little more about his motive he said that he was amazed that Kenny Roberts was even in attendance sometimes, I just had to burst out laughing when he said this. I went on to explain to the gentleman that when the meeting sign in sheet is passed around, Larry Maiers likes to just select a "big name" at random and write it in...:)

In looking at a POG newsletter with three meetings minutes in it I see Sonny DeFeo, Cannon Ball Baker and Kenny Roberts have all recently attended POG meetings..............

President Dale has set the next POG meeting date as Thursday March 3rd. If you want to have a really enjoyable evening and possibly rub shoulders with Kenny Roberts, or even Larry Maiers....bring one of your treasured items along and join in the fun.

Paul

Patton

So, Paul, what is new in your garage?

Cancel that...The question will get a better read if you start a new thread. I'll let you do the honors and I'll follow suit?

RP

johnborn

ALB

Paul,
You obviously were not paying attention to who were at our last POG meeting.  According to the sign-in sheet, Torsten Hallman was in attendance. I'm surprised that you did not recognize him.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Dale Fisher

It was great to have Larry back from Florida and have him reintroduce a "show and tell" aspect to the meetings.

Frankly, I found the fur covered clogs a little creepy and I'm happy to say "he has them and I don't" ;)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

jeff greenberg

I can picture Larry wearing those.... And it's a "low key" disturbing.  LOL
(Hope it doesn't give me bad dreams)

Dale Fisher

The clogs appeared to be well worn and belonged previously to Elmer Towne.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...