Looking for my first Penton

Started by Tuckgus, February 16, 2016, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuckgus

Grew up in Amherst OH, got my first bike from Penton Honda (Honda SL70). Still appreciate the vintage stuff riding a 76 Honda Elsinore MR 250 at Vintage Days. Time to own a piece of history native to my home town. Looking for a fair deal, anything with lights in good running condition and can assure you it will go to a good home.  Live in central Ohio and paying cash if you have a piece of history to pass onto a new member. Much respect to the group.
Best,
Sammie
[email protected]

Denis Jeffries

Sammie,
 What type of penton are you looking for, I have a 73' jackpiner for sale. you can contact me at 6609981500.

Tuckgus

Thx for the quick response Denis and good talking to you. Look forward to seeing the pics.

VICTOR MONZ

Welcome Sammie, my family is from Amherst, also.  Dependinding on you're budget I might have something of interest.

why don't you post your expectations and I'm sure the Group will be very helpful.  Make room for 2 or 3 machines, once you start.

victor monz

Tuckgus

Victor, I'm 220 pounds so guessing I need a 175 or 250 since I plan to ride a couple hare scrambles per year.  Older the bike the better but anything that says Penton on the tank I'd consider. Like the Jackpiner's and gravitate towards bikes with lights.  I like them in original looking condition, necessary upgrades for performance okay, carb, shocks etc as long as the integrity of the original look is maintained as much as possible. Doesn't need to be museum quality but clean. My budget will be dictated by the opportunity as long as it's a fair deal. I'm somewhat mechanical but have yet to turn a wrench on a Penton so if there's recommendations on the most reliable models I'd like to hear recommendations. Title would be a plus. Not in a hurry but would like to have one before Vintage Days this summer. Anyone considering selling should know I'll provide a good home. Denis in this post provided a strong option but I'd like to explore as many as I can before pulling the trigger. If you have something for me to look at let me know.

firstturn

Victor the 250 Endure you bought from me that is all original would be a great bike for him if you are going to dell it?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Tuckgus

Victor, I'm 220 pounds so guessing I need a 175 or 250 since I plan to ride a couple hare scrambles per year.  Older the bike the better but anything that says Penton on the tank I'd consider. Like the Jackpiner's and gravitate towards bikes with lights.  I like them in original looking condition, necessary upgrades for performance okay, carb, shocks etc as long as the integrity of the original look is maintained as much as possible. Doesn't need to be museum quality but clean. My budget will be dictated by the opportunity as long as it's a fair deal. I'm somewhat mechanical but have yet to turn a wrench on a Penton so if there's recommendations on the most reliable models I'd like to hear recommendations. Title would be a plus. Not in a hurry but would like to have one before Vintage Days this summer. Anyone considering selling should know I'll provide a good home. Denis in this post provided a strong option but I'd like to explore as many as I can before pulling the trigger. If you have something for me to look at let me know.