Rock the Crash Bar?

Started by Rich Fredette, April 02, 2016, 08:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Fredette

This is on my 72JP and I don't know if it should be part of the restoration. Were these a dealer add-on option? Appears model specific made, one piece bent, quite rugged, top of skid plate is bent off so that is on my list if anyone has one le$$ than eBay.
\\\'72 Jackpiner - 175: 7-20555153
\\\'14 Newfoundland - Keira 54kg

thrownchain

I've seen similar versions for the 125 cmf bikes, I may have one, I'll have to look. Possible Hi Point item?

Daniel P. McEntee

I have a set of the crash bars for the 400 project I'm working on that was in my late younger brother Jim's collection. I believe it was a Hi-Point accessory item, may have been included with the "enduro kit" at one time. I plan to put them back on the bike and help protect those fragile magnesium cases. I'm surprised no one has reproduced them as it would be quite easy to do.
    Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Rich Fredette

Hi-Point could be right. They certainly help navigating over logs. Maybe Roberto will be interested in getting them made up in Italy.

firstturn

I got my first guard like this after the Six Day in 1973 or 74.  It was sent to me and I used it even on MX for the Sachs engines since we rode a lot of mud races and it saved my tranny many times.  If I have a spare I will list it this week.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

I have a well worn one, if you're interested in it.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Rich Fredette

Hi Lew - Thanks for looking. I'll end up going new of some sort, a slightly used skid plate...ha ha, I must have been 2 stroked to the wind. [:o)]