Attended my 1st POG Mtg...WOW

Started by Tuckgus, March 04, 2016, 08:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuckgus

Attended my first meeting last night and joined as an official member of the Penton Owners Group. Sitting in this room full of legends, historians and enthusiast one could have easily felt intimidated but from the start the group could not have made me feel any more welcomed. No pretentious BS just a bunch of guys and gals passionate about  everything Penton. Had to pinch myself a couple times with the man John Penton and family sitting across from me. If you haven't made a meeting put it on your bucket list. Thank you POG for taking me in and sharing what you've built and preserved.
Respectfully,
Sammie Hall

ALB

Hi Sammie,

On behalf of the POG, we welcome you as a new member. :D
Thank you for sharing your experience of being at one of our meetings. It reminds me of my experience of being at the first meetings of the POG, being in the midst of legends and being readily accepted as an equal. I too had to pinch myself from time to time to make sure that I was not dreaming. It will take a few more meetings for you to figure out who is who and what experiences that they bring to the meetings. As you also found out last night, you are honored and respected for your experiences that you bring to our meetings.
Again, thank you for sharing.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Patton

Sammie is right, need to make the trip to Ohio.

RP

scott brogan

Dale Fisher

Sammie,
I still consider myself a relative newby lurking on the message board for awhile and then officially experiencing full member benefits the end of 2009.  Seven years later I am still in awe of the knowledge and experiences of our groups members.  Welcome and thank you for joining us at the meeting, becoming a member, and sharing a bit of your personal story with us.  Enjoy the ride :D

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...