2016 Six Days in Spain Vintage class

Started by t20sl, March 03, 2016, 09:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Here are rules and definitions for the "Vintage" class if anyone is interested.  I was seriously thinking about it but was waiting for the FIM to define what the classes were going to be.  Here is the link I received from the FIM:

http://www.fim-isde2016.es/en/vintage-trophy-2016-regulations/

Vintage Trophy class will be limited to 250 riders and consist of an acceleration test on Day 4 in the  evening, followed by Day 5 and Day 6.

Seems only one gold, one silver and one bronze will be awarded in each of the 5 classes.  That is it on medals.  15 total medals.  Classes as follows: up to 1972 / up to 1976 / up to 1981 / up to 1986 and team.

It's just my opinion and maybe I missed something but any age rider will be competing which is hugely unfair and for 300 Euros the FIM is charging for entry fee, to not give medals out based on normal Six Day type events seems pretty CHEAP.  Especially when you figure out they are going to make a little over $75,000 US Dollars in just the 5 vintage classes.   WOW,  I'll pass.

Leo Keller

14 October
-administrative verifications, technical inspection, acceleration test in evening then Parc fermé
-
15 October
-Race day -Parc fermé
-
October
-cross final (with deviation)

Not too much enduro riding......

Leo Keller

brian kirby

Riders will get bonus points by age.

Brian
Brian

Mike OReilly

Acceleration test (in the evening), a day of riding, and an MX test...
300 Euros, travel, accomodation and bike shipping expense.
Doesn't quite work out. Lots of better bang for the buck closer to home (even if home was Europoe, in my opinion).