Photobucket

Started by Tom Penton, April 05, 2016, 11:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Penton

Well, I had problems with Google pictures, so switched to Flickr, and then had problems with it so I'm trying Photobucket. We'll see if I can get it to show on the POG site.

I've been playing around with photoshop some, and thought the nice home page photo of Carl was a bit dull, so here's my attempt at brightening it up. (After all, Carl is anything but "dull"!)

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

Rich Fredette

So old school...Levi's and lineman boots - love it.
\\\'72 Jackpiner - 175: 7-20555153
\\\'14 Newfoundland - Keira 54kg

ALB

Hard to believe that its Carl.
It has to be an old photo - before he became a long haired hippie.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

rob w

Tom, I use and like Photobucket for image storing, and sharing. But I use PicMonkey http://www.picmonkey.com/  for editing them, I think it's easier to use, and has a lot of options. Costs nothing, and you do not have to register.

Toolsurfer

That looks a lot like the bunch that I began to ride with in Red Boiling Springs TN, Celina TN and Hermitage Springs TN 1972, . Safety gear: boots and a helmet but tons of fun . Longer hair, My have things changed Toolsurfer

Mike Lenz

Red Boiling Springs, Wasn't that where the Hungry Creek 100 was? That was a neat race. Could ride your dirt bike all over that county's roads that weekend, legal, at least thats what they told me...and I did.  They also sent us through a working smoke house in the race, couldnt see anything in there.  Two course arrows angling upwards and in, with smoke billowing out the door.  Im like ,really, they want us to go in there?? Neat race and area.
I also have to tell a funny Carl story. In 2000 at the Penton Feature Marquee Mid Ohio event I had Carl sign one of my gas tanks on a bike I was displaying there.  Heres what he said to me.  "Man, look at all the grass around here.  If I lived around here i'd rig up a lawnmower to mow doing about 40 miles an hour, and I could make a killing mowing peoples lawns!"  From the mind of a speed demon.