Visiting Dave & Diane Sanders May 7th.

Started by Dale Fisher, April 01, 2016, 06:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Plans have been coming together for a visit with Dave and Diane Sanders.  Listed below is a previous thread with some photographs.

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16476&SearchTerms=museum

Date:    Saturday May 7th
Time:    9:00 am
Place:   Dave & Diane Sanders
         9767 Windy Hill Lane - Lawrenceville, IL  62439
Details: Onsite parking and camping space is available
         Friday through Sunday.  Local motel information
         will be provided soon.
         There will be an approximately 2 mile trail loop that
         will be available to ride and a display area for bikes.
         You can expect a few other surprises rolled into the
         visit :D

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  If you are able to make it on the 7th and can add your name to the thread please do.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Daniel P. McEntee

I am definitely interested in attending as that is only a couple of hours away from me. I haven't been out on a motorcycle related trip for a while and this would be a good one.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

To Dan and others; We will be having a Evening fire on friday with bench racing, story telling, whatever, so camping is Ok as we have a nice shaded area with outside water and elec.   We live outside of town on 2 acres with a big yard and although were outback and live near a small town, were only 3 minutes from Walmart, Subway, Hospital, McDonals,and a truck-stop with pizza, gas, beer, smokes, etc. There will be a local food wagon on Saturday.  We also live only 10 minutes from Vincennes, Ind. on US HWY 50, Vincennes University is localed there so they have a lot of Motels and food places, and again thats 10 minutes away.  We also have a 2-3 mile trail that we can use if weather is nice. Vintage friendly. My cell# { 618-928-7411 )                                                                      

Vincennes Ind  Motels

Holiday Inn Express 812-886-6333
Quality Inn 812-886-9900
Super 8 812-316-1022
Doll Hotel 812-882-0000
Econo Lodge 812-1479
Red Roof Inn
Marriott 812-255-1500

Daniel P. McEntee

Are you near the airport? I forget what they call it now but it used to be George Field, I believe and was an Army Air Corps multi-engine training base during the WW-2. I have been to Lawrenceville many times to fly model airplanes , both free flight and control line, at the airport. The model airplane AMA held the National Championships there a few times. Nice town and nice area. I'm going to see who I can drag along. I have always wanted to see your little museum so this is a chance to make a visit work!
  Thanks al lot,
  Dan McEntee

Mick Milakovic

Dave, I'll be there.  I'll pick up Gary on the way, if he likes.

Mick
Mick

Rick Penno

Looking forward to it,I am sure their will be a wealth of knowledge and history to be gained.

See you Their,Rick Penno

Dan, I,m about 5 miles west of George Field on HWY 50 near the Golf course.  The National Hot Rod Drags were held there in the mid-50s and weekly Drag Races, and Sports Car racing. My Aunt Mary worked at George field in the 40s working on as she said "The Big Planes". It was cool to have  your 80+ Aunt tell about overhauling them big motors. Later, Dave

Dale Fisher

Emails sent out with Dave's information this morning to most of our Indiana and Illinois members (a few have bounced back as undeliverable). Additional adjoining states to follow.

Hope to see you there :)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Mike Lenz

Yes sounds fun. My dad and I will try and make it.