2016 AHRMA NA XC Schedule

Started by Richard Colahan, December 06, 2015, 09:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Colahan

Here's the NA XC Series schedule for 2016.
Best 6 finishes qualify for end of year awards

– April 10th Rocket Raceway, Three Springs PA
 – April 23th Irish Valley, Elysburg, Pa
 – May 7th Reynlow Park , Reynoldsville PA
 – May 22nd  Wild Ride, Osceola Mills PA
 – June 26th Harmony Grove, Wellsville PA
 – August 27 & 28th Coyote Run, Ebensburg, PA  (could change to Aug 20th & 21st)
 – September 18th   Candytown, Elizabethtown, PA  
 – October 2nd Stone Hollow, Davidsville, PA
 – October 16th Johnny B classic, New Windsor, MD

Keep an eye on the NA web site for 2016 updates...
http://www.ahrma-northatlantic.org/CrossCountry.html

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

skiracer

Thanks for posting Richard!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Dale Sonnenschein

No Unadilla?

73 Jackpiner
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
78 husky cr250
82 husky wr430
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Richard Colahan

No worries...Unadilla remains a National!
I think the tentative National schedule is posted on the AHRMA web site.

Just not part of the NA Regional series...

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Dale Sonnenschein

Thanks Richard.  I've found that Unadilla is June 10-12.

73 Jackpiner
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
78 husky cr250
82 husky wr430
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

tooclose racing

Unadilla pays NE points, Dale.  As does the 2 day Qualifier north of Ithaca.

Rick Bennett

Guys
Taking an example from John Penton I have decided to give away a bike (no not a Penton), but a restored Honda SL 100 set up as a dirt bike. The bike will be given away to a youth racer (under 15) at the end of a six race hare scramble series run in between some of the races listed above. My brother has opened up a Facebook page under "Youth Vintage hare Scramble" and added a flyer with the details. Please pass this along to any youth racers you may know that might want to join us and get a chance on winning the Honda.
Rick

Richard Colahan

Well, the 2016 NA XC Series got off to a great start at Rocket Raceway near Three Springs PA. Despite rain and snow on Saturday...the course was NOT a muddy mess...just great trail!
This Saturday is a co-sanctioned NA and NE round at Irish Valley.

Maybe...just maybe...someone (Bob Close?) will actually bring and race a Penton!!:D

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

tooclose racing

I'm all in for Irish Valley, Rick. "Woke up" both of my 175s this week from their deep sleep with very few challenges.  And YES Gary Ellis (and Tony Friedel...), all bolts/nuts checked for tightness this time.  : -)

Packing up this afternoon.  Looks like some rain today should keep the dust down out in the fields and on the MX track.  Hope that's the extent of it, but oh well, right?

Rick Bennett

Bob
I am bringing my 74 Six Days to race instead of the Honda in the 200 Int. class. I will try to keep up as best as I can. I haven't raced a Penton since 1975 and this is a fresh rebuild. Been looking forward to riding this bike, should be fun.
Rick

Richard Colahan

Yes Virginia, there ARE Pentons that race in the NA/NE XC Series!
Some very nice and quick ones too!
Bob Close brought 2, Rick Bennett abandoned Team Honda to ride his beautiful 74 125, Bill Haschick rode his 175, and there were a few more I think.
Very good to see...and full disclosure...NO...I do not race my 69 Steel Tanker.
Next race is in Reynoldsville PA, closer for all of you Ohio guys.
The Series is off to a great start...give it a try.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Rick Bennett

Jay Danek also rode a 74 Six Days and did very well.

I have a few small things to work out but will try it again at Reynlow Park in two weeks. Some better shocks and jetting is first on the list. The motor wouldn't pull full revs in higher gears out in the fields. Running a Mikuni 28 with 160 main jet. Kind of tough after riding a four stroke for the last few years. The nut behind the throttle needs to be reprogrammed. I also need to swap out the smaller tank as it was about dry after one hour. I missed three down shifts from third to second and ended up in neutral. By the third lap I was starting to get the hang of the transmission again. When I came back from the sighting lap the bike vibrated badly. The motor mount bolts had loosened up.

I just need to get used to not having any low end torque. When the power does come on the rear wheel is spinning. I found myself slipping the clutch to get out of the turns in second.

Great fun.