2003 Reunion Ride and beyond

Started by Jeff D, September 12, 2002, 11:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

There is a very strong effort underway to hold the 2003 Reunion Ride in or near the Berkshires.  The Pathfinders M/C has taken the lead in this, and they are hard at work trying to clear some substantial obstacles, mainly due to state regulations about use of motorcycles on public roads (such as the dirt 2-tracks found in their state forests).  If everyone's bikes were street legal, it wouldn't be an issue, but I'd bet 95% of the bikes at the Reunion Ride do not have current registrations on them!  The Massachusetts DEP will not budge on the licensing issue, so the Pathfinders are investigating other options/sites.  We will know a lot more by the time the Reunion Ride rolls around.  The Pathfinders president is attending the ISDTRR and hopefully will have plenty of good news for us.
As for 2004, I have heard from the Arkansas contingent that they would like to host the Reunion Ride again.  Actually there are two groups that have expressed an interest, so that makes it even better.  This is my opinion only, but I think the ISDTRR should return to Arkansas on a regular basis if for no other reason than to honor the name of Leroy Winters.  I'll leave it at that, but toss in the fact that there is some fantastic trail riding to be had in them thar hills!
2005?  Maybe a move west?  It's not too early to think about Trask Mountain or some place like that.  It would benefit the west coasties (just like a New England one will benefit the east coasties) and exclude some people just due to travel distance, but the faithful will still show up, and some new faces will be able to attend for the first time.  Just food for thought, but it could happen!
Anyway....I'm already looking forward to this year's ISDTRR in Park Hill..which means I'd better get out in the garage and start wrenching!
See you there

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Doug Wilford

Jeff;
On behalf of all POGers thanks for the update.   It should have answered a lots of questions.
See you there.

Dwight Rudder

I know the Mo. Mudders plan on the ISDTR coming back to them on a regular basis also. I would like to see it in Michigan at sometime also. I also know if we need to, it could be held in Alabama.
Dwight

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.