Results: AHRMA MX Portland 8-24

Started by rob w, August 24, 2002, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Here are the results of the PENTON riders for todays round of the AHRMA MX Natl. from Portland, Michigan.... The unsinkable Kevin Brown= 4 moto wins for (2) 1st O.A.'s in Spt. 250 & 500 Expert...Mark Schmidt= 4 moto wins for 1st O.A. in 40+ Nov. & Spt. 500 Nov...Greg Troyan= 2 moto wins for 1st in Spt. 250 Nov...Rik Smits= 2nd O.A. in Spt. 500 Nov...Dave Withow 4th O.A. in Spt. 500 Nov...Edd Kubik 3rd O.A. in Classic 125 Nov. I missed some of the results and probably left a couple guys and their races out, but we were well represented at Portland today, everyone rode their hearts out, and the Penton express keeps on rolling. Thanks guys.

tlanders

Sorry I couldn't make it. We had a big Super Soccer Saturday and I'm president of the West Plains Soccer Association so I HAD to be there. I would have loved to have tried to help the Penton express!!!! Teddy

Dave Withrow

Here's the results from the Cross Country and Post Vintage events on the 25th.  Sorry these are late.  
    CC-Dennis Jones, 1st in Sportsman 200 NOV; Justin Illg, 7th in a hotly contested PV open class; Spencer Balentine, 3rd in Sportsman 200 Expert.
    PVMX-Chris Richardson, 2nd in Hist. 500 Exp., 1st in Open age Exp.;  Dave Withrow, 1st in Hist. 500 Nov;  Rik Smits, 1st in GP 250 Nov. and 2nd in Open age Nov.;  Curt Kennelly, 1st in 60+ Int.
    I think I covered everyone. Again, sorry for the delay.

tlanders

Dave, How was the CC? I loved Casey two years ago, absolutely loved Ocala this year, the ISDTR is in a class by itself and fantastic, Ridgedale was great, but I didn't like Bedford, KY. It had too much creek bottom with flat wet rocky surfaces. Teddy

Dave Withrow

Teddy,
    I didn't ride the CC but I wish I had.  It looked like fun.  They used a considerable amount of the MX track. No dry creek beds! haha.