1997 Jackpiner blue plastics wanted

Started by Jason Smith, October 23, 2018, 11:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Smith

I'm looking for a new or good condition blue headlight shell for my 97 JackPiner. I'd also be interested in a rear fender if anyone has one. Thank you Jason

Daniel P. McEntee

The only way you could get the blue plastic was on the 97 1/2 Jackpiner Special Edition, of which only 133 were produced. To get replacement plastic, you had to present a special certificate that came with the bike. Some sets have shown up on eBay but they would fit the definition of the word "rare." I had a '97.5 Jackpiner Special Edition in my collection for a while that I found listed on the local Craig's List as just "Dirt Bike." You never know what you will find or where you will find it!
    Good Luck,
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Jason Smith

Thanks Dan. Yes I have one of the 133 1997.5 200cc Jackpiners made and it was listed on Craigslist by the original owner w the certificate of authticity, commemorative mug, hat & shirt!  You can buy a new front fender from KTM which I did. Just hoping someone might have a fairly nice used or who knows extra headlight shell or rear fender laying around. Never know until you ask. Thanks

rob brown

Jason, you picked up a nice bike! Maybe someday we can get our two LE's at the same event! I do have a set of orange plastics for it, if you are interested. I just picked up a 74 Harescrambler in need of tlc:)

How is that Hi Point HP14 resto coming along?

Jason Smith

Thanks, only looking for blue. The HP is out of storage & back at my house. PPG Paint on the shelf & I have a painter stopping out to look at it. It's been hard finding the time for hobbies but the HP is nearing the end. I'll send pictures to you once it's sprayed white.

pentons4ever

I have an extra one along with other blue plastics. But no rear fender..

pentons4ever

Hi Rob is the orange set of plastics nos. I'd b interested if u still have it

rob brown

The bike came from John McLean. The orange plastics were used on it for awhile. The seat looks new, but it has that orange slick plastic look cover. do you have some blue available? Jason has dibs ahead of me, since this is his thread.

Has anyone heard from John?  

Jason Smith

Jason Smith

I'm still looking for a new rear blue fender if anyone has one. Thank you all.