NEWSLETTER

Started by rob w, September 09, 2002, 11:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned anything about this, I'll bet I'm not the only one that gets excited when the new newsletter arrives. It is one of top reasons I enjoy being a member of this group. I love reading every word in it. I would have to say that the members and the web site are tied for being our biggest asset. But you have to admit, that newsletter is classic!, I don't know how many of you remember getting the original "Keeping Track" in the 70's, it's that feeling all over again. As always great issue!
I want to thank all involved, Jack Penton, Dane Leimbach, Doug Wilford, Paul Danik,  Alan Buehner,Ted del Solar, Connie del Solar,Al Born, Jeff Borer, & Kent Knudson, Thanks again!

Tell me who I'm leaving out please.

Edited by - rob w on 09/09/2002  11:40:17 PM

Dwight Rudder

Yeah, someone tell Al Buener that I went to 7 ISDT / E's not 5. Like my Photo !
Cher'o,
Dwight Rudder
ISDT / E
1979-Germany S
1981-Elba, Italy S
1982-Provaska Bystyica, Czechoslovkia B
1987-Jelena Gora, Poland B
1988-France S
1989-Germany G
1994-Tulsa,OK, USA S

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tmc3c

Yeah you're stylin' Dwight but what caught my eye was all of the trophy's in the background,very impressive.Mine ended up in a foot locker in my parent's attic!!And speaking of the Keepin Track what I used to love was the word hunt on the last page.But that might have been because I was about 15 when I used to get the original ones.And now I take mine to work and study it for all info.Keep up the GREAT WORK GUY'S!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Paul Danik

Alan Buehner has done a wonderful job with the newsletter.  I am sure he will be pleased to hear your nice comments.  Since he is not on line we will have to relay your message to him.  Al Born is proof reading the newsletter for Alan B., helping to catch any errors in the spelling, ect.  While I am on my soapbox I have to say that Alan Buehner, Doug Wilford and Al Born have the toughest POG officer positions and responsibilities and they put a lot of time in and do excellent work. Doug's treasurer's reports and AL Born's meeting minutes are topnotch. Thanks guys!!!!!

Mike OReilly

No real need to tell Al the number of times you went to the Six Days etc. You mention it in every on of your posts so any POG member who spends any time on this message board is well acquainted with your exploits.
The original post was of course thanking those who CONTRIBUTE to the Newsletter or the POG in general. Strange how every reference to John or Jack Penton or Paul Danik or Dane Leimbach doesn't make reference to their truly remarkable accomplishments at the National and International level. I suppose that's because it ain't necessary! Or at least that's my opinion.
M.O'R.

imported_n/a

On a lighter note, I've misplaced my Summer 2002 copy of Still Keeping Track for Part I of Tech Tips.  

Are there any extra copies left or could somebody scan it and e-mail it to me?  I'm lining up my winter project(s) and need that article.

Thanks.  Glenn

Randy Kirkbride

Glenn,
Check your e-mail. If that's not clear enough let me know and I can rescan it.

imported_n/a

Randy, thanks for the scans.  They turned out really nice!  I owe ya one.

Glenn

Knute

I too would like to thank everyone that Bob did in the initial post for their involvement with Still...Keeping Track, as well as all of you fellow members who contribute so much to this forum.  What a great group!

Glenn, if you want anymore info regarding the Tech Tips article, or just want to talk about bike setup in general, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].  

Thanks again!
Kent Knudson

TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

imported_n/a

Kent, thanks.  An e-mail is on the way.

Glenn