Kickstarter repair

Started by Steve Minor, June 08, 2017, 08:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Anybody have a source for repair parts and instructions for this type kickstarter?

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

G Ellis

I think at one time AL had the parts. A roll pin spring and ball. If AL does not have them I might. Later Gary

Steve Minor

Thanks again Gary. I'll check with Al with my next parts order.

A little about the project...I picked up a 1977 125 barnfind that's in pieces and I'm putting it together. It's a 77 frame with a 76 motor. I know LPerkins believes the 76 125 has some issues, but I have zero experience with them. What's your opinion of the 76 125 motor?

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

G Ellis

Call me after 5pm Illinois time. I can talk to you about what to do to it. 217 260 0237. Later Gary

ALB

Because no none bothered to do any maintenance on these kick start levers, the small springs rust and crumble apart. Maintenance would have involved removing the thin pin to separate the halves, oiling the pin and spring and greasing the stem on the bottom half.

Another problem with these is the outer tips on the stem get worn out from rubbing on the thin pin to where the pin will no longer keep the 2 halves secured together.
This is why I had the new kick start levers made. Unfortunately the 17mm levers are sold out and the mfg who made them is unwilling to make another batch. [xx(]

I do not have any of the springs or pins in stock. I had very few of these from my inventory buy outs and they are long gone.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner