"Sad Day At Amherst"

Started by Bob Gilman, March 13, 2017, 09:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gilman

I just got home from spending the weekend attending the viewing and church services for my good friend Doug Wilford.The viewing on friday was made special by Paul Danik providing copies of the "still keeping track" issue #10 interview with Doug for all the local people attending to get an insight into Doug's Penton and motorcycle involvement.A movie of Doug's family and life experiences was showing on a set up tv.Doug was involved into everything from surf boarding to building model airplanes.Also pictures and his ISDT medals were on display.His certificate for Sachs engine school was present,written in German,Paul translated for us POG members,at least I think he did????.Dot Doug's wife did a great job setting this up.The family flowers Beautiful.She is a special person.On saturday the service at the church was also made special,Paul provided more copies of the #10 interview.There were 3 speakers,a fellow from Florida,he was a good friend of Doug,I have short term memory loss,sorry I for got his name.John spoke about Doug and their times and involvement.Paul Danik talked about friendship with Doug for almost 50years and Dougs special things he did for POG.Overall it was a bitter sweet experience.When it  was over I stopped to the Penton farm market across the street from John's house and got 8 jars of Penton Apple Butter.That made me Happy.........