Rims Wanted

Started by classof74, September 02, 2002, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classof74

Looking for a set of rims for a 1974 Penton 125 MX. I've been told they could be non-shouldered Akronts or Sun. Either would be great as the current DIDs are way wrong! Thanks!

Doug Wilford

Could have been original the DIDs.   Good rims are expensive!!!

classof74

I'm no Penton expert but I've just never seen DID rims on any Pentons in the tests that I have. Anyone else ever seen DID rims coming stock on Pentons. Thanks, Mark

OUCWBOY

I think that MOST of the Pentons came stock with DID rims. Some of the distribution centers might have done some modification on the bikes. I also know that a dealer coud receive two bikes at the same time and they could be different.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Rocket

I have never seen a Penton with DID aluminum rims stock, everything that I have seen, was either Akront or Sun, (HiPoint).  I do have a 70 steeltanker with shoulderless aluminum rims that were stock, I need to check the brand name to be sure they aren't DID's.  
Rocket

Dave Withrow

Just asking....What would an NOS Akront or Radelli(?) rim cost?  I have 1 of each in perfect condition.  Both are 21" and don't know the value of them.  Thanks

Tom Gougeon

I have a good rear wheel from a 75 250. It's straight, been cleaned up, not dented or cracked. I don't know if it's an Akront, DID or what, it has no shoulder. I have the brake assy and axle, but they're rough.

I also have a front wheel, clean, new bearings, but it has a side wobble. It's 21" shouldered Akront. I was going to put  them on Ebay, but if you, or any other POGGERS are interested, drop me a line.  

I also have a 76 orange fiberglas gas tank, no petcocks or cap. Make an offer.