Wauseon

Started by Kip Kern, July 24, 2017, 06:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Wow, mother nature won 2 for 2 this year, Wauseon was a rain out also.  Most vendors were gone by Saturday afternoon.  Maybe next year!

skiracer

Actually, you can also include the XC event at Desoto's in LA earlier this year.  It poured on Saturday, and the Sunday race was cancelled...

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

ALB

Kip, you should have gone to Wauseon on Thursday or Friday.
Thunderstorms were predicted to happen off and on all day for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Thursday was overcast most of the day with no rain.
Friday morning was overcast then cleared up with sun and clouds.
Saturday morning was light rain and overcast. Not looking good, so I packed up my stuff and left around 8:30.

Thursday and Friday were hot, humid days with a breeze blowing ever so often. Great if you were in the shade.

Went to the dirt track race on Friday. There were a some large classes requiring 3 heat races in some classes. A lot of good racing with one tied finish and some surprising moves by 2nd place riders stealing first place on the last lap. There were also more than 14 board track race bikes competing.
It was a great night for racing that made up for last year's middle of the program rain out. :D

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Kip Kern

Al, sorry I missed you, Kevin Grimes and Barry Pate drove up from Memphis and we came over Saturday (they have never seen Wauseon).  Maybe next year, just wished the Portland Indiana Scooter Show wasn't at the same time, a lot to see in a month with Mid Ohio!