Fires, floods and storms, are you OK ?

Started by Paul Danik, October 12, 2017, 06:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The news seems to constantly have terrible storms, floods and now fires in the headlines. The devastation of these events is heartbreaking and hopefully all of you are, and have been safe and sound. If any of you wish to tell of how you have fared please feel free to do so. Are
any of you in any of the fire zones out west?

Good luck to all.
Paul

JP Morgen

I am very close to the fire zones, shop and home, but fortunate to have not suffered any damage. It was a shock! Got up Monday morning, thought the fog had come in, didn't open a door or window so couldn't smell the fire, then turned on my computer and I almost couldn't believe it. Through reading I found out the EXACT same fire scenario happened here in 1964, burned 53,000 acres in a few hours! Flames were fed by strong winds and moved at 100 feet per second, like a blowtorch. Got a hold of a client/friend who I know lived in one of the areas. he escaped with the shirt on his back, house completely destroyed, along with 45 cool bikes! Fires still burning and people being evacuated today, fires maybe contained by the 20th, the weather has been cooperating, thankfully. The people of this area have been great, volunteers, donations.... For the real information check out the Sonoma County Sheriff page on FB.

Paul Danik

JP,

Sorry to hear that the fires are near you, but glad to hear that so far you are fine, please keep us updated. That is a sad story about your friend.

Hope it gets put out soon.

Back in either 1973 or 1974 we were routed through a burned out area from a forest fire at either the Bad Rock or Trask Mountain ISDT Qualifier in Oregon. I will never forget how everything was charred with not one speck of green anywhere.

Paul