carb for jackpiner

Started by jbushey, September 04, 2017, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbushey

I just got running a Jackpiner that I picked up from Victor  ,it doesn't seem to run as strong as I thought that it would.Does anyone know the correct carb for a '73 ,my book calls for a 54/36/xxx bing, it has a 84/30 xxx on it.           thanks for any help.

JEFF BUSHEY
JEFF BUSHEY

Larry Perkins

I don't think the 175 ever used a 36.  I think a 30mm then later a 32mm.  The 250 used a 36mm.

Larry P

jbushey

thanks larry I do have an 32mm also does anyone have  the jetting for a 32mm at about 4000ft elev. thanks

JEFF BUSHEY
JEFF BUSHEY

Bob Gilman

Jeff,the dealer service info up dated mar.1,1974 for the 175
carb bing#2/30/101
main jet #150 to#155
pilot jet #35
needle jet #280
needle pos.#2 middle
reccomended replacing the float needle to part#40-405 for better carburetion,idling,and gas mileage.
these spec's are for using the twin air oiled air filter most everybody uses today

Dale Fisher

I might note that there are many articles on carburetion and other issues in the Keeping Track archives :D

http://www.pentonusa.org/publications/default.asp

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Mickey Sergeant

Hi Jeff  got the bugs worked out on my jackpiner. Running a 30mm mikuni with a reed valve.See ya at your race at Bushy ranch. Hope all the fires stay away.

firstturn

Jeff you might start with what jets you have now and go to information provided by Bob Gilman.  Your bike may have been jetted for sea level and at 4000 feet above sea level makes it not run well.  The reason I say this is that you should note what you have now to use in the future.  Have you cleaned the carburetor?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Steve Minor

If I might add something to what Ron said, only make one change at a time...make a change and test. If it's the same, change it back and change something else and keep good notes.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

jbushey

thanks every one for all the info i never knew of the Penton tech tips thank you Dale lots of useful info .Mickey looking forward to the race in Canby Hope we get some rain before then so we can run the longer CC course. thanks again

JEFF BUSHEY
JEFF BUSHEY

jbushey

JEFF BUSHEY