Bing carb choke, 1974.5 Penton 250

Started by clayman, October 06, 2017, 11:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

Good day, fellow POGers: My question is this: With the choke lever in opposite than normal position on my 250 Penton -to the right, instead of to the left after initial warmup - the bike runs really well with the cable fully extended, but when placed to the left side of handlebar, it runs like it's choked. Seems odd to me. Any ideas? The carb was cleaned and is jetted properly as per stock jetting specs (for sea level). I am currently running a B8HS, just as I run in my CZs. There was a B9HS in it when I bought the bike. Kip and LP both suggested going to a Bosch, though.
Thanks,
Clay

Larry Perkins

I actually like the NGK in a B8HS.  I don't run the enricheners but memory says it is off when pulled.  Someone that still runs them could say for sure.

Larry P

Toolsurfer

My 74 1/2 Harescrambler left side mounted choke lever, all the way clockwise is choked positions cable has no tension,all the way counterclockwise removes from choke position as it puts tension on cable. Tension on cable should be choke off as pulls the choke slide up. Hope this helps. William