For Sale: '77 Penton 400 MC-5, Husky, and Can-Am P

Started by Daniel P. McEntee, August 06, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel P. McEntee

Like a lot of people, life brings some changes and then other changes have to be made! I need some room in my shed and some cash in the bank for projects currently in (stalled) progress and a few others I hope to get into before I turn toes up. I hope to retire in a few years and have way too many projects that I haven't been able to get to in the past ten years and common sense (I think?) dictates that I thin the heard a little bit.
   1) I have decided to sell my '77 Penton 400 MC-5. This bike was a Craig's List find in Kansas City that Jeff DeBell helped me acquire. It's an MC-5, but the bike had several Missouri State inspection stickers on it and holes in the Petty IT rear fender from mounting license plates and a Petty Headlight/number plate. I think this bike may have been used as a "farm bike" and probably came from Letco Cycles in Kansas City. The bike was in pieces as the seller was going to "fix up" the bike but decided to sell. I started to reassemble the bike into a rider and do cosmetic stuff later, as the engine seemed in VERY good condition and had EXCELLENT compression. I went through the wheel bearings and such and added nuts and bolts as needed. The bike had Curnett shocks on it that needed rebuilding, so I put a set of Progressives on it. The bike has a Lectron carb that I have replaced the slide and float bowl on. The bike runs and rides as good as I can ride it, but in reality is too tall for me and is hard for my challenged inseam to start due to the compression. I intended to have Jerry Burkey do his mod on the head as mentioned on the list here, but never got to it. The bike just needs tires and could be ridden as is. I added a rear frame loop to better hold the Pretty rear fender and make it look more like a GS model. If you do a search on the list here for my name and Penton 400 you will probably come up with more info and some pictures that Mike Winter posted for me. I can email more photos if needed. I have a Missouri title in the previous owners name, and extra seat and maybe some other little bits to go with it. I'll give the buyer his choice of progressive shocks that are on it, or the Curnetts, which are in good shape after I took them apart, cleaned them, and replaced the seals and O-rings it needed. I just got confused about the procedure to put oil in them that I found on the internet and never did that. Over all, the bike is in pretty good original condition and the pipe is unmolested, just really needs tires. I have two other Penton projects that I need to finish including another 400 that will suit my needs.  I'm asking $1500 for the '77 Penton 400.

2) '79 Can-Am 250 Qualifier. This bike runs and rides but needs some attention to be a reliable rider and some shocks. Has a mixture of plastic fenders and such on it but I have a complete set of original Can-Am plastic for it. I made a center stand for it to make it more ISDT like and have another one for a spare. It's a neat bike and wouldn't take much to make a good rider or to restore as nice as you want. I would like $1500 for the Can-Am 250 Qualifier.

3) A '74 Can-Am TNT 175. This bike is in really good shape and I have done some work on it. It ran and shifted well the last time I had it out in my garage years ago. I have new front and rear fenders, tank stickers and a manual for this bike. I kind of like it and put it last on the priority sell list and hope to get back to it. I would like $750 for the '74 Can-Am TNT 175                                                            

I just changed jobs for (I hope) the last time before I retire and spent the last 20 plus years working second and odd shifts that don't allow much spare time. Working a real day job for the last two weeks after such a long time has been a real revelation! I still have the two current Penton projects to work on, my late younger brother's '71 steel tanker Berkshire that needs work, his '73 250 RT, and some Hodaka projects waiting in the wings, plus I build and fly competitive control line aerobatic model airplanes that will fill my new found spare time! Email me with any questions or requests for photos. I live in the St. Louis area and can help a bit with delivery/hand offs if necessary with in reason.    

Thanks  for looking,
  Dan McEntee

email: [email protected]

454MRW

Then, I tried calling you but got a message twice that the call cannot be completed as dialed. Please call me Mike 618-553-1346

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1978-1979 MX-6 175 & 250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's & 79 PE250 Suzuki & 2012 DR650
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

cecmwilson

Daniel P. McEntee

Me and the bikes are located in the St. Louis, MO area. I sent you a quick email tonight, but don't have time to spend at the computer to send pictures. I'll be able to tomorrow afternoon.
   Thanks for the interest,
   Dan McEntee

Chuckwoodard

Hi Daniel.  I would like to speak with you about the 1974 Can-Am.  Could you please give me a call? 256-310-9800   Thank you.

Chuck Woodard

Raymond Woodard
Raymond Woodard

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi Chuck;
   Just sat down at the computer before bed time and sent you pictures, and then saw this message. Too late to call as I have to work in the morning. I will call you as soon as possible tomorrow afternoon or evening.
  Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee

Daniel P. McEntee

Just bumping this up for your consideration. I could use some room in the shed for some tool boxes!
   Thanks for looking,
   Dan McEntee

thrownchain

I will be passing thru the St Louis area at the end of Nov if someone needs to get a bike back to the east/ north east at that time. Can also hold till York if needed. And can deliver into New England also.