vintage motorcycle days

Started by amherstscott, October 27, 2017, 04:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amherstscott

do any of you guys have experience taking a motorhome to the vintage cycle meet at mid ohio thinking about reserving a spot but I don't want to get into a mess, IE driving a 39' motor home through the mud or camping in a mud pit give me some input thanks

1970 penton six days, 1975 husky wr250, 1983 husky cr250

thrownchain

Alot of people do, big and small campers, the mud/weather is just a crap shoot, you take your chances.

Paul Danik

If you go to the Mid Ohio website and go to their RV/Motorhome Camping map you will see the options for such camping and what size rig each area / site can accommodate.

Do not confuse these areas with the motocross camping area.......or pit area.

The areas that they show for the most part are grassy and I don't think mud will be an issue, that being said, setting up camp on high ground verses a low area is usually a wise choice.

They have a dump station and water available, but no hookups that I am aware of.

It has been a few years since we took a camper to the event and I have nothing negative to say about our experiences. Each area has good and bad associated with it as far as road race track noise and distance to the different VMD events. Each year I usually take a tour of the RV camping areas and see every size of rig imaginable and usually say to myself that I wish I had brought the camper...

A camping fee is involved but I never felt it was out of line, but that was a few years ago.

Best of luck and if I can be of any more assistance I will gladly try to help.

Paul

amherstscott

thanks for the input I agree the fees are very fair

hanksie

We have never been there w/o a RV.Unless they changed,as of last year the only events you could reserve a spot are the Indy & Nascar wk.end's.Otherwise,it's first come,first served.Might be diff. for season ticket holders.Hope this helps ya.  Bill   P.S. I also get our tickets & RV pass ahead of time.Speeds things up at the gate,SOMETIMES.