Todd Huffman - Thanks for the Memories!

Started by Dale Fisher, November 13, 2017, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

I'm fully aware that the majority of the group does not subscribe to social media.  Today Todd Huffman contributed to the Penton Owners Group Facebook page with the following.  Perhaps he can find a way to link the video to our message board for all to have the ability to view it.

https://www.facebook.com/todd.huffman.980/posts/10155995299239974

On Thursday, November 9th, the Penton family lost their beloved mother Donna. She was 86. When we produced the Penton film back in 2013-2014, I knew we HAD to have an interview with Donna but everyone was almost sure she would not want to be interviewed because she is so humble and shy. But I was determined and she was more than willing to sit for the interview...It was wonderful.
The original rough cut of the movie had over 5 hours of stories that were ultimately cut down to about 2 hours worth. Some stories had to go. :(
I thought I'd share one of those rough stories that "starred" Donna and covers the time when after her and John got married they had merged the family of 6 kids into the tiny house in Amherst, OH. The working title for the story was "The Brady Bunch".
Please forgive the roughness of this as it is only interviews with some music I dumped in, plus the time code burned in. Also the audio is rough and unfortunately my lame voice has to be used since Lyle Lovett's wonderful voice never recorded these stories. This is the beginning of a final piece that would eventually be cut down a little more and that may get finished someday...maybe for "special release" with other stories.
Thank you Donna Penton for adding so much to our movie and everyone's lives you touched.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry