Steel tanker petrol cap

Started by Bill Campbell, January 26, 2018, 06:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

Can anyone provide me with a description or photos of the parts that go to making up the Steel tanker petrol cap. Mine is the flip type with the locking handle above the cap. I dismantled it a couple of years ago and think I am a few parts short. Thats the bike not me although there are plenty of people who would disagree.

Bill you have a steel ring more of a spring, that clips into the cap and fit's around the tank neck or opening, the cap has a hole in the center where a handle with a stud go's. Then onto the stud go's a big flat washer that holds the rubber gasket in place, then a peace of flat steel 1 13/16 X 13/16 inches that locks into the tank neck. Then a washer and lock nut that holds this onto the stud. Benelli used this cap and also the round cap found on the first steel tankers. I don't know there's just 8 peace's and one's a nut. Cap, handle, gasket,big washer, flat plate, washer, nut. Done. Ol Dave

LeeBuff

Bill,
  Moto Guzzi used the same gas caps and there are 3 on Ebay right now from $13.49 to $85.00.  Cheers, Lee

Bill Campbell

Thanks for the info guys. Will check evilbay and my parts when I get home.

Bill you have a steel ring more of a spring, that clips into the cap and fit's around the tank neck or opening, the cap has a hole in the center where a handle with a stud go's. Then onto the stud go's a big flat washer that holds the rubber gasket in place, then a peace of flat steel 1 13/16 X 13/16 inches that locks into the tank neck. Then a washer and lock nut that holds this onto the stud. Benelli used this cap and also the round cap found on the first steel tankers. I don't know there's just 8 peace's and one's a nut. Cap, handle, gasket,big washer, flat plate, washer, nut. Done. Ol Dave

LeeBuff

Bill,
  Moto Guzzi used the same gas caps and there are 3 on Ebay right now from $13.49 to $85.00.  Cheers, Lee

Bill Campbell

Thanks for the info guys. Will check evilbay and my parts when I get home.