Engine Fogging

Started by Mick Milakovic, February 16, 2018, 01:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

How is it done?  Same with a metal gas tank?

Mick
Mick

Bob Seymour

Are you talking about the oil fogging spray used to preserve internal metal surfaces, aka: cylinder bores and inside of metal fuel tanks that are prone to rusting in a humid climate.

Mick Milakovic

Yes, looking to store a running bike indefinitely.  Carb is off and cleaned, chain serviced, air filter out, cleaned and stored.

Mick
Mick

Bob Seymour

Look for a aerosol can of engine fogging oil sold in most auto parts stores. Or do a search online for it. O'reilly's , Autozone , Advance and try Amazon also.

Mick Milakovic

Mick

Kip Kern

We called it pickling in the Air Force, ran it through Jet engines to ship or store them. Smoke City

SouthRider

Mick - you have introduced me to a product I didn't know existed.

I can think of a number of uses in hot humid Louisiana.

At first I thought you were talking about a bad clutch side crank seal!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax