Diamond Dons

Started by Mickey Sergeant, March 08, 2018, 12:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Making trip to Diamond Dons next month. Anyone going? Hoping to meet up with some of you guys.

Mickey

dennis brown

I will be there

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Mickey Sergeant

looking forward to meeting you Dennis!

Husky

Mickey, I plan to attend this years event. I raced my Harescrambler there last year and had a great time.  This year I plan to display it at the Penton exibit and ride my 500 Husky.  Hope to see you there.

1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1974 Penton Harescrambler
1983 Husqvarna XC500
1988 Husqvarna Auto
2004 KTM 450 EXC
1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1974 Penton Harescrambler
1983 Husqvarna XC500
1988 Husqvarna Auto
2004 KTM 450 EXC

ALB

I am planning on attending this event for the first time.
I will be traveling with Dale Fisher. Our plan is to set up a Penton display and sell POG merchandise.
I have heard a lot of good things about this event from Chicago Jerry for many years and have decided to take time off this year to check it out. :)
NOTE: I will not be bringing any of my Penton Parts inventory to sell.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Mickey Sergeant

Me and two others are going to the Burrows Ranch ahrma national the week before and leaving there to Diamond Dons. Looking forward to meeting you Al and Dale

Mickey

Dale Fisher

Is anyone coming in from the Left Coast specifically La-La Land?  A very special Penton needs to get to Anaheim to have an exhaust fabricated [?]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

2015 Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuMXpJvUAHY

And the really fast 100cc guys.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEb_9oHFnwo

Lyle Lovette is on the event shirts this year [8D]

"We are recognizing the H&H Music Racing Team as our legend for the 16th Annual Diamond Don International AHRMA Vintage Motocross Race held at Diamond Don RV Park & Event Center April 12-15, 2018. Brad Lackey will be there with event t-shirts for sale. Before you ask, these shirts are only available at the event - so be sure to pick yours up early before they run out! We are honored to feature Lyle Lovett on the tshirt, thanks to Awesome Shots for the great photo."

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Pat Oshaughnessy

Dont forget to have Brad Lackey sign your shirt. What agreat representitive for Dist. 36. FirstuSA 500cc MX Champ.[:p]

KJDonovan

Anyone from the New England area going to this event?  I have a someone bringing a Sachs engine that I need to get back to my neck of the woods.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

wfopete

DD's continues to get bad weather again this year.  The Friday XC event got a little sloppy towards the end from rain but Friday night brought high winds, lighting and rain.  Saturday morning at DDs found trees sheared off, EZ Ups in piles and standing water in the infield. I saw Al and Dale moving around the POG site and it looked like everything was Ok. Some say a tornado touched down, others say just high winds. The vintage MX  practice was just about to start but the place was already packed with no parking room that wasn't flooded. Hope everyone is ok!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Pat Oshaughnessy

Wow! Makes me think No. Calif. isnt so bad after all.

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Looks to me like the guy in the middle pic behind the dozer just might be adding more dampness to an already soggy situation...:)

Paul

ALB

After hearing about this event for the past 8+ years from Chicago Jerry (who sets up the cross country course every year) I finally took the time to go to this event. It was an amazing experience for me. Travel time to and from the event was 24+ hours for me which included a 3 hour drive from my house to Dale Fisher's house in Michigan.
The first thing that struck me was seeing green grass and leaves on the trees and bushes. Then the 80 degree temperature. Up in Cleveland we are still in the twilight zone between winter and spring.

This is a big event with over 300 riders attending.

The weather forecasts predicted thunderstorms on Friday and Saturday. We were blessed that the storm did not arrive until Friday night. The winds reminded me of the storm that hit Mid-Ohio last year. Most of the storm damage with broken and uprooted trees was over the cross country course. The few trees that fell on the MX track were easily cleared away. The driving rains took care of Friday's dust problem and made the MX track fast by the 2nd round of motos as the lines developed.

Diamond Don is quite the host and a showman. He and his wife worked just as hard as the many other volunteers to make this event a success.

My only disappointment was Don's "Gator pit". I was expecting to see a fenced area filled with huge alligators. Instead, all I could see were 3 small ones about 3 foot long. I thought that everything was BIG in Texas. [xx(]

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Mickey Sergeant

They did a great job getting the track rideable. I was the first moto Saturday om my 125. There was a few inches of slop on top. Just had to hold on and let the bike go where it wanted. Had a great time with Al and Dale