KTM 420 timing

Started by sumosam, September 12, 2002, 07:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumosam

I have searched this entire sight and this info is not in here. Does anybody know the stock timing for a  1983 420 motor?

Olmy

I have the timing in my manual except I let my dealer borrow it.  The information is on the ktm495 website  //www.ktm495.co.uk I hope this helps.
Mike

Mike Lenz

ON the 81 its 2.1-2.2 mm

sumosam

Thanks Mike. That means it is the same as the 495 motor.
Also, the UK 495 websight is down and has been for a few days. Do you know what the problem is?

Dr.2Stroke

Hello Sam. 2.1 or 2.2 mm before upper point of piston will be ok. I guess that the 495 site,wont be on the net,because the guy which created the site,stopped writing his comments in july 2001,and some sites stay on their server for free for some time and will disappear somewhen. but dont hurry: im creating a site now! Dr.2Stroke Reinhard Schrem

Dr.2Stroke

Hello Sam. 2.1 or 2.2 mm before upper point of piston will be ok. I guess that the 495 site,wont be on the net,because the guy which created the site,stopped writing his comments in july 2001,and some sites stay on their server for free for some time and will disappear somewhen. but dont hurry: im creating a site now! Dr.2Stroke Reinhard Schrem

sumosam

Reinhard,
  That is good news. I'm sure your new sight will help many of us. Your service to me has always been A-1.
Thanks,
Sam
Too bad about the 495 sight though. Those guys were funny in their quest for--more power, more power, more power.

Olmy

Hey, guys found out you can still pull up the information on this site http://pub137.ezboard.com/bktm495 Only has the comments and info that people posted.
Mike

Edited by - olmy on 09/19/2002  09:37:10 AM