Hangtown MX

Started by Pat Oshaughnessy, May 18, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Oshaughnessy

Cant wait for it. I wish it was at the old sand track at Plymouth. Those were the days![:p]

Pat Oshaughnessy

The smell Of race gas! The 50th Hangtown! It Was perfect weather! Cant get much better!

wfopete

After ET's little dirt nap he was putting 2-4 seconds a lap to MM's best effort. I don't blame MM if he is a little shell shocked. JB, KR, and JA are probably a little worried too. Glen Helen is next and riders are a little concered about maintaining 30+2 minute motos while dealing the mega jumps being built. Guys are just getting healed from SX and now the MX courses are getting ready to put them back in the hospital.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

jeff greenberg

Pat, Pete ,    I actually raced that Plymouth track! April 8, 1974.   First AMA 125 national.
I was mildly shocked to find out that the Hangtown homepage was using an old Photo for their 50th anniversary showing me in a group of 125 riders in the staging area!!
Also shown prominently in this picture is Jim Hale on a Penton. Jim, who started several companies including , Mechanix Wear,  tragically passed away a week ago at the age of 64.   Dale has the photo. Maybe he can post it. I'm horrible at posting photos!
Jeff

Pat Oshaughnessy

I would love to see that photo. We used to go to Plymouth & practice on the track. no one cared! For free!:)

wfopete

The picture is on the POG facebook page at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214522899500344&set=a.3975589842267.156717.1656234057&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Unfortunatly getting the picture to this site is a bit of a pain.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Pat Oshaughnessy

Great picture im sure i wasthere as a spectator.  Pete et pass on mm in2nd moto was unreal! I thought he was gonna crash![:0]

Dale Fisher

And yes that is our Jeff Greenburg too.  "I had a new Penton 125 at home sitting in the garage.   Wish I would've raced "it" instead of the General Cycle TM"

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry